If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

"It's like Blade, if Blade killed annoying black people instead of Vampires..."

edited 2011-05-08 22:39:44 in Meatspace
☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
So this kid at my work pitched his graphic novel idea to me and I thought it was insanely entertaining, but would never EVER work.

It was about the world, being overrun by gangsters and overzealous black people from the ghetto, where they use illegal guns, rape and extortion to take over the streets of the protagonist's city and they begin to start exterminating white people in order to "Darken The World", according to an ancient Detroit prophecy. They are called "The Niggers" ",  and they are a syndicate of black assassins, executioners, druglords and insane bastards who want to rid the entire world of all that is not black. Then came a hero who wanted to protect the white/eurasian family he grew up with and fight off the attacking niggers that wanted to kill his family. He was black, asian and caucasian, and vowed to kill off the army of ghettotrash. He had all of their "strengths", like charisma, resilience and superior athletics and none of their "weaknesses", such as depravity, selfishness and a violent attitude. He picks up his father's katana and decides to fight off the wave of black power that threatens the very world that he wants to keep safe.

It was inspired to said person when I told him about The Ass Goblins of Auschwitz and he said he wanted to write his own Bizarro Fiction story. Although it seems more like a raceflip action story than a Bizarre story.

Also, it feels way too racist for my liking, then again I hate ghettotrash too. I would suggest that he had "good black people" to his story so it doesn't feel like all black people are demonized into evil bastards. There is also something fucking wrong with my story, besides the racism, that I can't put my thumb on.

Comments

• How the fuck did you not call him out on his blatant racism and White Nationalism/Supremacy?
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ^I doubt he was serious.

I think he was probably just trying too hard.
  • edited 2011-05-08 23:08:35
    Generally because it's fiction and the main character was killing evil tyrants who were also black and ghettotrash, and not MLK jr.'s.

And also he has n-word privileges, because he's pretty much darker than black anyway, and one of the coolest people I know at work anyway.
  • "trying too hard."
  • edited 2011-05-08 23:29:18
    ^^ Right, and you think, say, anti-Semitic propaganda portrays the insidious Jewish overlords as decent, saintly people? The 'but he made black people evil, so it's all right!' defence is just... bizarre. Still, if he was taking the piss - maybe race-flipping blaxploitation flicks to show just how freaky their politics are - then I have to give him points.

Also, darker than black?
  • edited 2011-05-08 23:30:56
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    What Vorpy is describing doesn't at all sound like anything remotely comparable to anti-semetic propaganda. It sounds to me like someone who hears of Bizarro Fiction, and decided to come up with something really... well, bizarre.
  • This isn't even bizzare.

It's just....racist.
  • edited 2011-05-08 23:32:13
    ^^... it doesn't? Clearly, you have not had much exposure to anti-Semitic propaganda.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I'm talking intent, not content.
  • Ah? I was talking content. Because it's pretty much a pure amalgamation of every racist polemic ever, right up to having a tamed, noble savage as the hero. Which, again, is fine if you're taking the piss, but if you ain't...
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Right, and you think, say, anti-Semitic propaganda portrays the
    insidious Jewish overlords as decent, saintly people?

That sounds boring and very Poeish. This is simply a story about a black guy killing evil black guys to save white people from being erased by evil black tyrants. Also I didn't mention anything about Jews, Propagandra or decent saintly people.

The 'but he made
    black people evil, so it's all right!' defence is just... bizarre.

Well...umm...that's the point of a bizarre fiction?

Still, if he was taking the piss - maybe race-flipping blaxploitation
    flicks to show just how freaky their politics are - then I have to give
    him points.

I could tell him to do that.
  • edited 2011-05-08 23:47:56
    ^ I was talking about your jusrtification for it not being racist, not the work itself. Besides, bizarro fiction is a specific kind of weird, using a carefully-crafted amalgamation of shocking, surreal imagery to create its own unique world. This is just racism, racism, racism. Proper bizarro would have the villains as the aborted foetuses of black celebrities' clones, seeking to de-whiten the world by extracting the paleness from hapless whites' skins and using it as breast-milk to feed their ever-growing army of towering, mutated Oprah Winfreys who scour the landscape with their prehensile vaginas, whilst shaping the whole freakish yarn into a beautifully subtle, appropriate metaphor for the global credit crunch.

Also, Poe's Law isn't about whether a work is racist or not. It's about whether that racism is used for comic effect to lampoon the beliefs of actual racists.
    " Besides, bizarro fiction is a specific kind of weird, using a carefully-crafted amalgamation of shocking, surreal imagery to create its own unique world."

He was probably just operating under a misconception of what Bizarro fiction is.

Also, trying too hard.
    Ah, then my view of racism must be different than yours. I guess that's okay.

Although now I want to write a Bizarro fiction myself.
  • Likes cheesecake unironically.
    So Bizarro fiction is trying to offensive in the most painfully lame way possible? At least that's the impression I get here.
    ^ Yes.
  • edited 2011-05-09 10:35:18
    ^^ More accurately, it's about seeing if you can craft an interesting world and story using only the tools of painfully lame offensiveness and random humour.

Predictably, the failures are legion.
  • they are a syndicate of black assassins, executioners,
    druglords and insane bastards who want to rid the entire world of all
    that is not black.

Why?
  • Because Racism.
    ...Why not?
  • The Sonic Series Wiki Curator of TvTropes
    Because it's stupid.
  • edited 2011-05-09 10:56:09
    Doesn't answer my question because stupid things will exist no matter what.

So let me ask this again, Why not?
  • The Sonic Series Wiki Curator of TvTropes
    Because it's stupid.
    Doesn't answer my question because stupid things will exist no matter what.

So let me ask this again, Why not?
    "Doesn't answer my question because stupid things will exist no matter
    what."

Like... No, I won't say it.
  • edited 2011-05-09 11:34:56
    [i forgot what I said here but it was about me calling Nyarly passive-agressive and he should say it]
    What are you talking about? I'm not passive-agressive. Well, except for this one time... and this time... and other...

...Oh crap, I am passive-agressive! And I didn't realize that until now!
    Uh oh. Looks like you will need some....

CHARACTER RESOLUTION -dramatic sting-

We can start the operation tomorrow Nyar.
  • Because I don't like reading turd material?