If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Tvtropes is kind of bland now

edited 2011-01-08 13:38:09 in General
I told you a hundred times Seibah, I don't want you in my pool
It seems like tvtropes is becoming less and less interesting and more of a streamlined happy place. Its quite simply boring since it takes the stupidity of the tvtropes without the humor.

Comments

• THE WIKIS IS ONLY INTERESTED etc etc.
  • I told you a hundred times Seibah, I don't want you in my pool
    NOTABILITY
  • ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    :(

I know, Salad, I know.

____
            /      \
         /:::::::─三三─\         や、やっぱり、ないっー!!!
       /::::::::: ( ○)三(○)\
        |   、" ゙)(__人__)ル ゚。 ゚     ___________
       \      ゝ'゚      ≦ 三 ゚ | |             | 
  • ^The hell?
  • But you never had any to begin with.
    It's clearly a jawless goomba.
    YOU DON'T KNOW TRUE ART!

...I can't post an image macro yet, so my blob person will have to do the job.
  • I told you a hundred times Seibah, I don't want you in my pool
    HEY SNOWBULL, we're a KIND of DOUCHES apparantely.
  • edited 2011-01-08 13:52:32
    ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
        ∩                   "__"';,          人 _3ノ                ∩
      ∩∪         ,,,         Y'_、,_;   .     / ヽ∨/ \              ∩∪
      ∪.| |∩      '"__"';,       人 _3ノ       ∧   〉/   ∧             ∪.| |∩
    . | |.| |∪     Y'_、,_;     /~?ヽノ?~ヽ     |  、 //   / |    ,.vvWv,, | |.| |∪
    . | |.| |.| |    人 _3ノ      i i .? ノ ?i i     l   Y二二Y   l    ミ,シー-ミ .| |.| |.| |
    .(∩∩∩∩)  ミ( ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄)彡  .| |.?ノ  ? | |    〉   \_/   〈     ! ー 、-}  .(∩∩∩∩)
    .(∪∪∪∪)  └┬彡八.ミ.┬┘  i i.?∞=?i i   / \∠と_ヽ/ \- .iヽ 3 ノ  .(∪∪∪∪)
    . |≡≡≡|   .│  ◯  │   /ヽつ    とノヽ 〈   /´     ヽ  とノ /;;;iyi;;;;ヽ |≡≡≡|
    / ≠≠≠\  └───┘  (          )  ゙‐-ヘ.____ノ-‐'′ ./し;;=;;;;Jj / ≠≠≠\

Unhappy family is unhappy.
  • edited 2011-01-08 13:52:04
    But you never had any to begin with.
    Tree, cactus, statuette, Andross, face, and tree?
  • edited 2011-01-08 14:04:39
    Loser
    I think TV Tropes is fine, but since I am kind of turning into a left-sider now (I am posting more and more in Trope Repair Shop) I probably do not have much of a right to talk about that kind of thing.

I would rather not have this forum turn into a place where people constantly complain about Fast Eddie or the TV Tropes administration though (I am not necessarily saying it will, I am just expressing my dumb opinion). That seems too much like talking behind people's backs to me and I personally find it quite unappealing.

Still, I do not really know much about what I am talking about anyway.

• I would rather not have this forum turn into a place where people constantly complain about Fast Eddie or the TV Tropes administration though (I am not necessarily saying it will, I am just expressing my dumb opinion).

This. Yeah, I don't agree with some of his decisions, but I think he does a pretty good job in general. People are overreacting, treating every decision of his as if it's completely baseless.
  • I actually agree with IJBM's nuke. I'm just unhappy about it.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I agree with IJBM's nuking; I just would have preferred that the forum simply be frozen rather than nuked.

That said, I've advocated for the Random Complaints thread.

Well, perhaps this can be the IJBM for the board.
  • yea i make potions if ya know what i mean
    Oh please, grow up.
  • I think Eddie's no complaining policy is incredibly stupid. I don't think TV Tropes itself is bland, of course, but still.
    I have always found it amusing that some people simply can't live without a place to bitch about things.
  • edited 2011-01-08 15:54:55
    I was informed by Maddy that threads in the form of "I dislike x because of y" are still allowed so long as they don't get too horrible. But Maddy is a mod and FE is an admin so...

I can still get away with complaining though. Especially in the media subfora...Oh boy are those places angry at times.

^I personally find people who freak out when people bitch even more amusing.
  • I'm amused by people who think venting and complaining is inherently bad.

Besides, there's a line between voicing complaints and bitching. That line is pretty easy not to cross. Complaining happens. That's just the way people are. Good luck trying to get everyone to be positive about everything.
    Who's freaking out? It's funny.
  • I knew some people in real life who would freak out when people started to bitch. I've seen some online too.

SADLY I AM ONE OF THESE PEOPLE IN REAL LIFE SOMETIMES. WOE IS ME. Gives me another reason to laugh at myself though. Really man...I really am to easy to unnerve in real life.
    Everyone should laugh at themselves.

Even Rabbis. ESPECIALLY rabbis.
  • The world would be a happier place if everyone could laugh at themselves. Maybe. Actually probably not. The world cannot be happy.
    Maybe we should just laugh at other people, and hope the world's population is an even number.
  • I somehow read that as "Maybe we should just laugh at other people, and create a mass suicide cult."

Let's do that.
    Yes let's.

We'll call it "The Bothersome Brotherhood".
  • How will we go out when we finally decide to go about suicide?
    Poisoned cola.

Poisoned Kool-Aid has already been done.
  • Ok then. A generic brand yes?
    Of course.

Or maybe Rally Cola, but that shit is poison already.