If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Tattoos

edited 2011-05-07 16:55:00 in Meatspace
Pony Sleuth
I tend not to like them, and I think their permanence makes them a poor choice in general. Especially since they can fade and all.

But you can't really ever tell someone you know that you think theirs looks stupid. They've already made the choice, and the only thing that speaking up would do is make them feel bad.

Comments

• I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    I half agree.

However if their tattoos means something important to them i'll give them a pass.

However tribal tattoos, little hollow emo stars and tramp stamps are shit.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Or Kanji that people get because "they look deep".
  • Because you never know what you might see.
  • edited 2011-05-07 16:59:02
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    how do i embed video
  • Because you never know what you might see.
    youtube url
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
  • ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    Tattoos are *usually* lame in my opinion, although there are exceptions.

Like that tattoo of a dragon on the back of the girl I like. (what I'd give to see the whole thing...)
    I do know a girl who wanted Princess in 'Japanese' (katakana).
    What she got was geisha. 
    Not terrible but still not right.

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    One of the girls in my class got a really nice tattoo on her left breast, and IJBM how I can't look at it without seeming like a perv.

Yup. Totally not a perv.
  • Wait, did she get "geisha" in katakana? That's a bit strange considering there's kanji for it.
    Yup in katakana.

I assume as it looked more striking? 
  • ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    Shoulda gone with the kanji.
    To be fair, I only saw it on a night out.

For all I know it could say 'No Smoking' in katakana.
  • edited 2011-05-07 17:58:02
    Pony Sleuth
    I think katakana does tend to be more striking, at least to Japanese people. I understand it gets used as a sort of italics.

But if you wanted something that was really foreign and Japanese, the kanji would've made a lot more sense.

By the way. These are the kanji. 芸者

This is the katakana. ゲイシャ

Ignore the font sizes, that's just me being lazy.