If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The best image I have ever seen.

edited 2011-05-06 17:16:03 in Wonderful posts
When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT

Comments

• I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    Hahaha awesome.
    Have another image:

• This bugs you?
  • Source please, this is awesome.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    I got it from a FARK thread; specifically, this one.
  • I like turtles.
    Right, because tea partiers all hate women and homosexuals, all want Obama dead, and are all religious.
    ^Also they are shit at doing signs.
  • Turtle: It is called satire.  Can you show me where it says it is serious?
  • edited 2011-05-06 17:51:23
    a little muffled
    Yup, that does sound about right, with the possible exception of the hating women bit. (They don't hate Sarah Palin!)
  • No the rest of the country does that for them.  Either that or they think she is an attractive man :P
    ^I'd suck her off
    Actually, you have a weird mix of social conservatives (the usual anti-gay, anti-abortion crowd) with wannabe liberatarians who don't hate women but hate everyone and their healthcare.
  • edited 2011-05-06 19:35:57
    When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    No we can't have serious discussion this is IJBM

REMOVED BECAUSE I HAVE SOME SENSE OF TASTE
  • I like turtles.
    It is called satire.  Can you show me where it says it is serious?

Satire is generally meant to prove a serious point.

Maybe I'm wrong.  Maybe it's a parody of the ridiculous notion that tea partiers hate women, gays, and Obama. 

But I got the distinct impression that whoever made it seems to have a low opinion of the Tea Party, rather than of the stereotype associated with the Tea Party.
  • a little muffled
    Uh, I'm pretty sure they do in fact hate Obama. Isn't that kind of the entire point?
  • I like turtles.
    No, the point is to oppose his policies.  That doesn't require hatred.
  • Look at the people who compromise the party and tell me with a straight face that there is no hatred whatsoever.
  • I like turtles.
    I didn't say "no hatred whatsoever."  I said it's not the norm.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    Oh c'mon, even kitteh blenders won't stop you people!
  • a little muffled
    @Turtle: If the point was to oppose his policies, you'd think they'd be attacking his actual policies, as opposed to the bullshit strawmen they go after. They're a bunch of people who would hate him no matter what he did -- either because he's black or (in my opinion more likely) simply because he's a Democrat -- and just want excuses to do so.
  • edited 2011-05-06 20:32:04
    Pony Sleuth
    I'm not sure about the exact demographics of the group, but the tea party movement is certainly not known for being reasonable, and I have my doubts about the wisdom of someone identifying as a member.
  • I like turtles.
    Um, they do attack his policies.  Hence the whole "stop taxing everything" stance.

They're a bunch of people who would hate him no matter what he did --
    either because he's black or (in my opinion more likely) simply because
    he's a Democrat -- and just want excuses to do so.

Does anyone really believe that the majority of people who don't want Obama for a leader don't want him because he's black?  Really?

And, being a Democrat kind of implies that he's going to have policies that they're opposed to.  But Obama's policies, especially, are really really awful.  Combine that with Bush being so sucky in his two terms and you get a very fed-up group.
  • I don't think the tea party contains a majority of every person who disapproves of Obama.
  • They call me Rate Miser, whatever I see... turns overrated in my eyes...
    It doesn't help that Obama is turning into another Bush, with the third most-likely useless war and all.
  • edited 2011-05-06 20:44:59
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    > Look at the people who compromise the party

You mean "compose", or "whom the party comprises".

> Um, they do attack his policies.  Hence the whole "stop taxing everything" stance.

Except his policy was never to "tax everything".

There's a difference between attacking policies and attacking what aren't actual policies but are merely believed to be them.

There's also a difference between actually opposing a policy on policy grounds, and opposing a policy because it came from the other side.

> But Obama's policies, especially, are really really awful.

No, they aren't.

I'll let you know that his stimulus bill got some roads fixed a few blocks down from where I live, and his healthcare reform bill means that I still get insurance coverage for another two years and that the insurance can't turn down my mom's getting cataract surgery done due to pre-existing condition b.s., and it came with a provision to cut out the needless middlemen in college loans--something that I've had to deal with myself.

Not to mention setting better rules on the financial markets (due in part to their now-famous misbehavior), pushing for air-only military action over Libya and being quite wise to keep a low military profile after that, and as a cherry on top, killing Osama bin Laden.
  • a little muffled
    @Turtle:
    Um, they do attack his policies.  Hence the whole "stop taxing everything" stance.
    Yeah, like I said. Strawmen.
  • I like turtles.
    setting better rules on the financial markets
    There shouldn't be any rules of that sort on the financial markets.

pushing for air-only military action over Libya
    There shouldn't have been any military action in (or over) Libya.

and as a cherry on top, killing Osama bin Laden
    A result of a war Bush got us into.  Not that Bush had any more authority to get us into it than Obama does.

I'll let you know that his stimulus bill got some roads fixed a few
    blocks down from where I live, and his healthcare reform bill means that
    I still get insurance coverage for another two years and that the
    insurance can't turn down my mom's getting cataract surgery done due to
    pre-existing condition b.s., and it came with a provision to cut out the
    needless middlemen in college loans--something that I've had to deal
    with myself.

The only part of that that the federal government has any business in is fixing the roads.

Except his policy was never to "tax everything".
    That's been the policy of pretty much every President in the past century, dude.
  • edited 2011-05-06 21:45:04
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    > There shouldn't be any rules of that sort on the financial markets.

Of what sort?

> There shouldn't have been any military action in (or over) Libya.

Why not?

> A result of a war Bush got us into.  Not that Bush had any more authority to get us into it than Obama does.

1. Does that mean that he doesn't get credit for the kill?
    2. Does that mean he should have cut and run from Afghanistan?

> The only part of that that the federal government has any business in is fixing the roads.

So you're saying that my mom's cataract surgery should NOT be covered by insurance because they somehow decided that it's a pre-existing condition?

So you're saying that I should not have health insurance coverage just because I'm a college graduate who hasn't been able to find work yet?

So you're saying that the government shouldn't even be giving out student loans, so that banks can charge students up the wazoo in interest?

> That's been the policy of pretty much every President in the past century, dude.
    > past century
    Not when the top bracket tax rate has fallen from like 90% to 36%.
  • I like turtles.
    Of what sort?
    Of the regulatory sort.

Why not?
    Because there was no official declaration of war.

1. Does that mean that he doesn't get credit for the kill?
    2. Does that mean he should have cut and run from Afghanistan?

1. No.
    2. Probably.

So you're saying that my mom's cataract surgery should NOT be covered by
    insurance because they somehow decided that it's a pre-existing
    condition?

So you're saying that I should not have health
    insurance coverage just because I'm a college graduate who hasn't been
    able to find work yet?

So you're saying that the government
    shouldn't even be giving out student loans, so that banks can charge
    students up the wazoo in interest?

I'm saying that the government has no authority to ensure or provide these things.