If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

What the hell, dad.

edited 2011-05-06 07:48:29 in Meatspace
[tɕagɛn]
How about I make you walk in the rain with a 10-pund backpack on and with no raincoat whatsoever? (yeah, yeah, "Before I even clicked on it", shut up about it.)

Comments

• edited 2011-05-06 07:51:51
    Has friends besides tanks now
    How far did you have to walk? How hard was it raining?

And ten pounds isn't so bad. I have a thirty pound backpack just for Dungeons and Dragons stuff.
  • The Sonic Series Wiki Curator of TvTropes
    ... That's it?
  • Everest:Not that hard and not that far.

It's more the sheer idea of it. And I'm not the most physically strong person in the world.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    um
  • Why does every-fucking-one always say I'm being a petty bitch?
    You have an odd (?) tendency to act like one.
  • edited 2011-05-06 08:31:17
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    No one said you were being a petty bitch. It's just that a lot of times it comes off as petulant whining.
  • I think it's the f-bombs.
  • Because Teenagers don't use F-Bombs all the time, amirite?

I do overuse them, but really, I was kinda pissed.
  • edited 2011-05-06 10:47:42
    ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    I love walking in the rain, and do so all the time without any sort of protection. I even ride my bike in it, regardless of whether or not it is freezing cold. And carrying a bag isn't so bad, I've carried more.

I don't think you're being petty here though, my enjoyment of the rain is typical to me alone; for you it is probably a hugely unpleasant experience. Oh well, I suggest you forgive him and move on.

"(yeah, yeah, "Before I even clicked on it", shut up about it.)"

Tch~!
  • Well, I hate being in the rain. I like being inside and listening to it hit the window, though.
  • edited 2011-05-06 11:03:31
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Komodin, why do you have to be dismissive of it?

This is a board for complaining, and he posted a pretty valid complaint.  The point isn't who the opening poster is; the point is what the complaint is.

Walking in the rain with no raincoat--i.e. getting yourself soaking wet--has a pretty decent risk of catching you a cold.
  • Master Guardian of the Passive Voice
    That's so bizarre. I'm pretty sure the French use raincoats and umbrellas, and your father loves the French.
  • Glaives are better.
    Ten pounds? No raincoat?

That's kiddy stuff. You dishonor your ancestors.
  • The ten pound was an estimate, all I know is that I had a Biology textbook, my huge binder, and a bunch of books crammed in it.
  • Quit being a whiny bitch and man up.
    A 10lb backpack in the rain? Jesus fuckin Christ dude, what are you; 7? You're not going to die.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Well, it depends on how far he's walking, and what the outside air temperature is, and how heavy the backpack is (he said ten pounds was just a quick-and-dirty estimate).
    The heaviest backpack i've had was around 20lbs, and that's with 4 2in texts and other supplies. Heat and cold shouldn't be an issue, you're supposed to look at the weather before you step outside; he only issue would be freezing rain.
  • edited 2011-05-06 12:16:20
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Um, going around soaking wet in a rainy, windy 50-degree day is not a good idea, with or without a backpack.

On the other hand, rain during an otherwise blisteringly hot 95-degree day is always welcome.
  • Master Guardian of the Passive Voice
    You are supposed to look at the weather before you step outside. B that loses its value if you're going to be pushed out as-is, unarmored and unarmed, regardless of nature's decisions for the day!
  • edited 2011-05-06 12:18:14
    smote
    "Why does every-fucking-one always say I'm being a petty bitch?"

...Did someone edit this out of their post? Or are you reading from a script again?
    The worse you'd have to deal with would be heavy wind or rain, kind of why most people keep a jacket in their backpack.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Well, what if you're forced outside without a jacket?
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    What if you have no arms and legs and you are put outside without a jacket and have to carry a bag across the Tarrantian river while wolves are attacking you?
    Sucks to be you.
  • (yeah, yeah, "Before I even clicked on it", shut up about it.)

WHY MUST YOU UNDERMINE MY ACHIEVEMENTS
  • I think your complaint is valid, Chagen.
    glennmagusharvey: I'd deal with it and walk to school.
  • edited 2011-05-06 15:33:53
    Did you put a newspaper over your head or something?