If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

People who constantly rag on themselves

edited 2011-05-04 15:29:30 in Wonderful posts
STOP HAVING LOW SELF ESTEEM YOU STUPID UGLY CUNTS

Comments

• The Sonic Series Wiki Curator of TvTropes
    ... Ugly?!
  • I would, but I'm so fucking dumb I forgot how. ;_;
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    ... Stupid?!
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    brb committing suicide from your hurtful words
  • I agree. Nobody cares about your self deprecation, you're horrible people for forcing the world to deal with it every time you open your stupid fucking cunt mouths.
  • edited 2011-05-04 16:30:30
    Loser

On a less poopposty note, I never really liked it when people would try to encourage people to get self-esteem by either yelling at them or gushing about them. I prefer the second option over the first, but I think that neither really does much to solve the core problem since I believe the issue is really an internal one.

I may be wrong though. I guess some people have increased their self-confidence after someone else fired them up (I am thinking of Simon of Gurren Lagann fame here).
    Yeah, self-esteem is an internal issue; to solve it in the long term you have to effect big changes to the way a person thinks about things.
  • Louie - The first step to changing your patterns of thinking would be to stop with the whole "I might be wrong" thing that pervades everything you say. Not only is it reinforcing a negative thought process before anyone even replies, it annoys the SHIT out of people.

Both are bad things. Both are good reasons to stop it. I mean dear god man.
  • edited 2011-05-04 16:41:35
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Wait, he has self-esteem issues?

Also I thought people found it adorable.  To the point of being memetically adorable.
  • Not to mention, anyone might be wrong. That never stops anyone from commenting or making discussions, and they never feel the need to put a disclaimer on it. Being humble is a good thing, but too much of a good thing, blah blah blah, you know the rest.
  • I don't. I find it indicative of a mindset I can't respect. I dislike enabling self-pity.
    Well good for you.
  • I do this so I don't come off as a stuck-up jackass who is unable to admit his flaws.
  • edited 2011-05-04 16:57:34
    GMH - Yes.

Chagen - You don't manage it very well.
    GuitarBizarre - You don't even try.
  • GMH - Neither do you. Your reply wasn't a counterpoint, rebuttal, or anything of the kind. I'm hardly going to take it seriously.
    My reply was to say that you don't even try to prevent yourself from looking like a stuck-up jackass, you just revel in it, while you accuse Chagen who has been notorious for self-pity for not doing well enough to prevent from presenting himself as a stuck-up jackass, hence the irony.
  • Notorious for self pity, and yet he makes threads about how he knows better than the entire school system. Self-pity and massive overestimation of oneself are not mutually exclusive. In fact they're rather compatible. The latter feeds the former by making it easy to lie to oneself and claim that because you're oh so smart/attractive/handsome/nice you're being let down by the world around you and "everything is horrible because its everyone elses fault, woe is me, I am trapped in a spiral of doom not of my own making etc etc"
  • Wouldn't handsome fall under attractive?
  • No, handsome is an entirely physical quality, whereas attractiveness is a personable one also.
  • It also bothers me when people make constant reference to their doubt and poor self-image. I don't think I've ever said anything about that though, because I worry too much about saying the wrong thing and making the problem worse.
  • BobBob
    edited 2011-05-04 17:32:42
    ^^Ah. Okay, thanks.
  • I have a huge doubt problem and horrid self image.

I don't think any of my work as an artist is good compared to anyone else.

I'm overly harsh on myself too.

At the very least I keep it to myself I guess. Bugs some of my teachers when I'm always finding faults with my work.
  • You can change. You can.
    I only use selfdeprecation as a way to enable me to be a dick. :D

More seriously: While I do dislike Louie's habit of "I'm not so sure, maybe I'm wrong" thing, I'm not one to criticize how other people feel about themselves. I'm not a psychologist. Also, screaming at people to stop selfdeprecating will only cause a flurry of apologies. which is something you also seem to dislike, GB. 

People don't feel better about themselves just because you command it and scream at them to feel better about themselves. People feel better about themselves when they realize they can and should do so. 

• My personal cure for self-deprecation is trying to help the person fix whatever they think is wrong.  Not sure how well it works though.  I have a bit of a tendency to self-deprecate myself, though I often only do it for laughs.  And yeah, screaming at a person is usually a poor remedy to stop self-deprecation as the person will usually only feel worse unless they were only doing it for attention (you'd be surprised how many people self-deprecate out of a genuine need for help).  Of course, just saying "No you're not! D:" usually won't help either unless you're the only person whose opinion they care about.  If that's the case, get out of there.

• Writer, Artist, Obscure.
    STOP HAVING LOW SELF ESTEEM YOU STUPID UGLY CUNTS

Well that helps. Congrats, you're the bigger jerk.

• That was intended as a joke. No one here is a stupid ugly cunt.
  • Writer, Artist, Obscure.
    I know it was a joke, but really, since sarcasm doesn't carry well over the net and not everyone can be as savvy as I, it can be seen as unkindly to others.
  • ...You couldn't have taken that seriously, AC.
  • edited 2011-05-04 18:55:37
    Writer, Artist, Obscure.
    Of course not, I was also being sarcastic. it was a sarcasm throw down the likes of which the internet will never understand without voice overs. I mean come on, the opening  was so flagrant tat the only way it could be any more fake would be the addition of an image macro.

And I am the 14 now