If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJAM: No on noticed the typo in "Internal jokes that are taken way to far"

edited 2011-05-04 15:03:39 in IJBM meta
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
:D

Comments

• Kichigai birthday!!
     I see what you did they're
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    -commits seppuku-
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Someone made an IRTA of this thread and STILL didn't notice it.
  • Do omissions technically count as typos? Especially if they result in a grammatical error rather than a strict misspelling.
    "Typo" stands for "(unintentional) typographical error", so I believe they do.
  • But thats a co-opted print term. In internet usage I would define it as striking a key incorrectly, resulting in a misspelling. In this case I believe the "to" was an error of thinking, not of miscalculation of the force with which one should press the O key of the keyboard, how long for, and how many times.
    Well, for what it's worth, such an error literally is "typed".
  • but typography refers to all forms of printing using typefaces, not just typed words but machine translated words or procedurally generated ones can be subject to typographical error, with nary a keyboard within spitting distance.
    True, and as you observe, this may be an error of thinking, but how can you prove that it is one?

Unless the author of the thread title in question provides first-hand confirmation of intention/motive, we may never know, which leaves us with a probability judgement of whether this was an error of thinking or an error of interface usage.
  • Alternatively, we could simply assume they don't know the correct usages of to and too. If we searched their past posting history we could even infer it, if such an error occurs frequently, or similar errors, such as they're/there/their or your/you're.