If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Gratuitous -Insert Language Here-

edited 2011-05-04 11:38:12 in General
The Sonic Series Wiki Curator of TvTropes
Look, I know you're trying to be clever with this whole "random use of a language you've just started learning" thing, but... it's just coming off lame. Just save it for when it's actually relevant to a given topic, and stop embarrassing yourself.

Comments

• edited 2011-05-04 12:05:42
    ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Why didn't you just say that to Chagen in that thread, rather than just make a thread that was obviously about him yet you pretend it's not? Veiled insults get you nowhere Komodin.
  • BobBob
    edited 2011-05-04 12:13:52
    What Vorpy said.

...Also, what Komodin said. Dammit, I don't want to pull up google translate just to answer a question.

Strike-out text or not, it's true.
  • edited 2011-05-04 12:19:00
    The Sonic Series Wiki Curator of TvTropes
    ^^ Except, Vorpykins, I did not have Chagen in mind when I made this thread. The "you" in question is the general sense of the word, and this particular bugbear has been, well... bugging me for a while, especially after giving the Pit of Voles an extended visit.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    It really does seem like the zeitgeist to do these sorts of things.  Inelegant usages, though, can be not just a pet peeve but even a bête noire for some people, because it can make a person's speed or writing sound like a freakin' opera buffa.  Yeah, some people don't even think that sukoshi is enough, and will try to shoehorn lots of instances, causing the audience to assume that they are not talking bona fide, since they look like they're trying to show too much yang to prove themselves sophisticated or well-versed and not enough humble yin to complement this attitude.

Well, that's all I have to say for now.  Adios!
  • ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    Ai disuaguri, komodin-tan!
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Dosu engurishu cauntu?
  • edited 2011-05-04 12:36:33
    Has friends besides tanks now
    ^ Yesu. Yesu, ito dosu. /shittoposuto
  • The Sonic Series Wiki Curator of TvTropes
    Yes.
  • oder
    offenkundig haben Sie lang berücksichtigt, was Sie bedeuten, wann Sie den
    Ausdruck verwenden „, der ist“. Wir jedoch die pflegten, um uns zu denken,
    verstanden ihn, sind geworden jetzt verblüfft.
    ... Sometimes, you people are despicable.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    De nada.
  • They're somethin' else.
    Thank you, Komodin.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    :((((((((
  • edited 2011-05-04 12:58:02
    ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    Ahrigahtoe desuuu wa!
    -throws tomatoes at TMA-
  • "... Sometimes, you people are despicable."

Sometimes?
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Yes, sometimes Edmania.
  • Ich stimme mit Myr. Er ist ein ausgezeichneter Punkt, um die menschliche Neigung falsch über jemanden der Sprache oder kulture. Ich bin mir nicht ganz sicher.

My German isn't perfect.

But neither is your face.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    Gusto ko gamit ang Google Isalin upang gumawa ng mga tao sa tingin ko magsalita ng filipino.
    My German isn't perfect. 

But neither is your face.

... I can live with it.
  • 我恨你们。

• Kichigai birthday!!
    I will not post in Spanish, Komodin, jo no soc un monstre
    ... I'm not a monster.
    He who fights monsters, Komodin.

He who fights monsters.
  • lol Komodin stop quoting Sonic. :P
  • This thread, like all threads, is now about penis bullocks.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    ^ But that's English.