If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Children as Fantasy Life Surrogates (Cool Story Bro Approved)

edited 2011-05-03 00:14:40 in Meatspace
☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
SEE BELOW FOR LACONIC VERSION

I know this scenester girl from my highschool who has recently been impregnated. By Hipstergoth I meant she devoted most of her time in highschool trying to be the most shocking non-conformist in the school and having this aura of pretentiousness about it as well. Devoting her time to secretly self-diagnosing herself as bipolar and with post traumatic stress disorder, while also making claims that she is an aztec descendant, a wiccan and a demon summoner (my ass), she would bitch out anyone who tried to catch on to the fads that she launched out and started, and whined and bitched everytime something she liked got popular (like Labyrinth, The Crow and Johnny The Homocidal Maniac).

She even claimed sayings that are widespread on the internet were her own creation (such as "Ready. Fire. Aim." and "I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"). She would wank and get all up in your shit for even writing them on your folder.

The thing I disliked about her most was the fact that she would use other people as vessels for her own personal beliefs and likes. She had a little sister that she would devote her time to converting into an ICP/Slipknot fan while getting her to grow up to be a Juggalette, while also teaching her some of the behaviors and beliefs she had into her little sister, such as "demon" summoning, wicca and white magic.

The girl used to be a good friend of mine but her obsession with striving to be edgy and different drove me to beat the shit out of her, and now she has a hatecrush for me, even after high school. Suddenly after calling her out for her self-righteous "revolutionary" cuntery, she decided that she would hold a grudge against me and act it out for the past 3 years since the fight happened.

From what I have learned about the way she is utilizing her sister as a vessel for her beliefs, I fear that her child will be raised in this little fucked up world where she is Word of God on everything and possibly perpretrate her to be as big of a cunt as her. I've seen plenty of family members and other parents use their children in such a way, as a younger version of themselves and try to grind their own beliefs, interests and likes/dislikes into them to get them to be clones of themselves. There's nothing I can do about it, but it bugs me.

PEOPLE WHO HAVE CHILDREN TO MAKE CLONES OF THEMSELVES WITH THE SAME ATTITUDE ISSUES, INTERESTS, LIKES AND TASTES AS THEM BUG ME.

Comments

• BobBob
    edited 2011-05-03 00:15:57
    Story bro, cool.

Seriously though, that's something alright. I feel sorry for the kid.
  • My goodness, do they put something in the water where you live, Vorpy?
  • ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    This girl... she can't be right in the head.

I wonder if she was ever decent.

• The girl used to be a good friend of mine but her obsession with striving to be edgy and different drove me to beat the shit out of her, and now she has a hatecrush for me, even after high school.

I'm not surprised this person has a "hatecrush" - You'd have to do something pretty extraordinary for me to be friends with you if you beat me for just being "edgy".

I've seen plenty of family members and other parents use their children in such a way, as a younger version of themselves and try to grind their own beliefs, interests and likes/dislikes into them to get them to be clones of themselves.

Yeah, that does suck, but this odd girl hasn't even had kids yet, correct?

• edited 2011-05-03 08:01:37
    Cue-bey
    ^"recently been impregnated"

Also, pretty dumb reason to beat someone up.
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    "She would wank and get all up in your shit for even writing them on your folder. "

Could you clarify this bit for me please...
  • There is most certainly something wrong with that girl. However, treating children as some sort of "mini-me"s is indeed rather common. Two main variations - either parents are trying to mold the child in their own image or in the image of the person they wish they could be.

As the saying goes, "Kids are parents' last dolls"
  • edited 2011-05-03 12:46:16
    ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Could you clarify this bit for me please...

I would write clever sayings on my folder like "Ready. Fire. Aim", and when she saw it she would get mad at me telling me that I was copying her, that I was a poser, and that I was just a sheep/chameleon trying to copy her completely original work to try and be awesome.

Also, pretty dumb reason to beat someone up.

I didn't beat her up when she was pregnant. And yes, I already know that was a bad reason to beat her up, but your mileage may vary since generally violence has different standards to you people than it does to me.