If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

CBC has called a Stephen Harper majority.

edited 2011-05-02 21:55:25 in Meatspace
a little muffled
Nice job breaking it, Iggy.

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Nice job breaking it, Canadians.  I thought that the John Kerry's loss to George W. Bush was the fortune-karma payment for letting the Red Sox win for once, so it should have been settled, but what the fuck did you just do?  Did you, like, pay for Obama getting elected or Libya ousting Gaddafi?
  • edited 2011-05-03 07:55:09
    Cue-bey
    On the other hand, NDP opposition. Go for the gold next election!
  • So I'm the only one happy about this? Go Calgary wooo
  • edited 2011-05-02 22:44:33
    a little muffled
    @snowbull: That part is nice. So is Iggy getting his ass kicked, and the Bloc disappearing. Honestly, if the Tories ended this election with 154 seats I'd have considered it a victory.

Hopefully four years of Harper being free to do whatever he wants to the country will be enough to make people sick of him.
  • The good thing about Harper from an American POV is he is a believer in oil - without Canada's oil, the U.S. economy would be pretty much screwed right now.

• Inside, too dark to read
    You make it sound like the alternative is a Canadian PM who doesn't believe oil exists.

"Cars? They're powered by hamsters, I tell you! Hamsters!"
  • edited 2011-05-03 00:09:08

^sorry, I mean he wants to continue the current policies on export of oil to the U.S., wheras some of his opponents want to reduce that particular export.

D'oh!

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    I want to make a joke based around Maple Syrup in response to that, but I can't think of one.
  • Thankfully, no. We're not THAT crazy.
  • No rainbow star
    I'm happy he won, although I have heard some people say that him having a minority kept him in check, preventing him from doing something insane

Guess we'll see if they are right
  • edited 2011-05-03 05:45:24
    I want to see something on that Hamster powered car ASAP Canada.  You don't want to see me dissapoint.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I don't mind seeing you dissapoint.

Also, why the heck is the Congressional Black Caucus talking about this?
  • CBC is the Canadian Broadcasting Company, i.e. the Canadian equivalent to the BBC.