If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I do not have any nice cheeses right now!

edited 2011-05-02 18:59:07 in Meatspace
I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
The title says it all.

I'd kill for some nice Stilton, brie (including blue brie/cambozola), Saint Agur, I may as well say all blue cheeses at this juncture. Not to mention real cheddar and double Gloucester.

Comments

• Fuck, I love goat cheese.
  • Ian: Oi in this I can agree.  lack of good cheese is terrible thing.  Real Cheddar, munster cheese for me, I like brie, I also like a wide range of "swiss" cheeses from mild to sharp
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    I've spent the last 15 minutes browsing the Wikipedia list of cheeses in the world.

@TuefelHundenIV Munster is a cheese from America right? What is it like?

@DonZabu Even Limburger?

I think next time I go to the shops I'll see what they have. I wish I hadn't had to move there was a tasty speciality cheese shop there *sigh*.

Also I'd love so more marmite infused cheddar, for some great snack toasties.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Brie is awesome.

That said, I don't have any problem with supposedly "junky" cheeses or cheese snacks such American cheese, cheese-poofs, and such.  I just like the taste of cheese.

Some cheeses, though, I dislike.  Blue cheese is one of my least favorites, for example.
  • I misspelled.  The American variety is Muenster and the French Variety Munster ( I want to try of course)

The American one is very smooth and soft and mild.  It melts very well and is good for cheese sandwhiches.  Aged Muenster can be sharper in flavor kind of like a smooth cheddar but not quite the same in flavor.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I need to put cheese on garlic bread sometime.
    @GMH I can't be having with some American style cheeses; meaning the small squares or the squirty can stuff. 

@Tuefel Ah so similar to Monterey Jack cheese. I'm usually one for stronger flavours myself, however a nice melty cheese is cool for the toastie snacks I desire, or if it quite soft and squishy like Port du Salut.

Also smoked cheese is excellent, I want to sit down in future to some nice thick bread, smoked cheese and a pint of Rauchbier/smoked beer.

• Because you never know what you might see.
    Cheddar and Double Gloucester?

I thought this would be a thread about your longing for unappetising fancy mouldy cheeses.  Instead it made me hungry.
    I already mentioned all blue cheese!

Also there is nowt wrong with some hard mature British cheeses!
    The cheddar has to be mature though, that or having extra flavour of; peppercorns or garlic and chives or marmite.
  • edited 2011-05-02 20:51:43
    Because you never know what you might see.
    I've tried Saint Agur.  It was nice.

I prefer mature cheddar, but I can enjoy mild.

And now I'm bugged because it turns out there is none in the house.
  • I love cheese.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    I'm allergic. 
  • edited 2011-05-02 23:11:36
    ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    I HATE CHEESE.

I  despise it with every fiber of my being. ERGHK!
  • "American Cheese" Isn't cheese.  I hate that stuff.
    @GLORIOUSLeader How allergic? as I've got a few friends that risk exploding bowls for delicious cheeses.

I agree Tuefel, however unfortunately there is similar stuff going over here now:

I saw some spreadable mature cheddar in a tub. It really shouldn't exist, you are not meant to be able to spread it unless it had melted.
  • As a petty and vindictive person, I have to take extra steps not to appear petty and vindictive.
    'Cambozola,' an ugly chimera of French and Italian cheese invented by Germans. That thing... is an abomination.
    I bought some stilton and brie.

I am satiated.