If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Realizing you've been robbed by a "friend"

BobBob
edited 2011-05-02 13:54:52 in Meatspace
So in addition to my depression flaring up and me having a crisis about my personality, I'm out of some personal possessions and cash and realize that someone I trusted didn't give a shit about me.

Yay.

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    -hugs-

Yeah, sorry, that's all I've got.
  • Likes cheesecake unironically.
    That reminds me of what my brother recently told me. He got beaten up by "friends" and was seriously injured. And even though he's alright now, there are... after-effects.
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    That's shit.

Hope with everything you don't get too broken up.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    That's too bad. At least you know where he lives? 
  • ^^Thankfully she didn't break anything. I'm not even sure how she managed to sneak all of the crap she took out with her.

^Yeah. She's kind of far away, though.
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    I'm glad stuff is not broken, I meant you though (broken up = upset) as finding a betrayal of trust is shit, not to mention you said it wasn't exactly at a great time.
  • Oh. Yeah. Everything's just been pretty shitty lately. I'm starting to think it's just karma or something.
  • Sucks, I hope things improve for you soon.
  • Sorry, all I can do is say is "good luck".
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    Nthing what's already been said because there's little else I can do but wish you good luck.
  • Are you going to confront him about this? Not that I'm encouraging that.
  • Not sure at the moment, but probably.

Thanks everyone.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Did they steal anything that you can prove was stolen?
  • Some hair accessories that I still have the receipts for, but other than that, I don't think so.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Try to at least get back your hair accessories. Something is better than nothing.
  • ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    Solution: Choose your friends wisely.

If your friends consist of uber upstanding positive happy nice goody-two-shoes people, then no problems at all.

I'd feel for you, Bob, but I have trouble understanding why anyone bothers having people of such iffy character as friends. Could you describe what she was like? I have some semblance of an image in my head, and I basically picture her as trash of sorts.

I really don't have any that I would call a friend, except maybe my martial arts instructors, and the girl I like. Even then though, they are more acquaintance-ish than friend-ish. Outside of that, it's family memebers and the internet.

• BobBob
    edited 2011-05-02 23:10:37

"If your friends consist of uber upstanding positive happy nice goody-two-shoes people, then no problems at all."

This actually describes her pretty well.

• edited 2011-05-02 23:16:22
    ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    I don't think you're thinking of what I'm thinking of when I make that statement...

In any case, I suspect that she does this to people on a regular basis.

• Woki mit deim Popo.
    Wow, that's some pretty messed up shit.  Depression and a so called friend takes stuff from you.  How are you coping with this?
  • BobBob
    edited 2011-05-02 23:18:10
    ^^I get what you mean. It's not like I hang out with shady characters one would typically see smoking crack behind a dumpster in a dark alleyway, Anonym.

^Eh, I'm coping alright. It's shit, but I'll get over it soon enough.
  • ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    Indeed, it can be hard to tell what a person is really like. I do hope this isn't all too hard on you.

And now I must offer something of importance: Don't lose trust in people because of this one occurrence. It's quite unlikely it will happen again.