If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

When someone changes my mind.

edited 2011-05-02 10:01:33 in General
Morgan Freeman is God
Whenever someone makes a point that I find to valid, and seriously challenges my existing beliefs, I don't reconsider my own beliefs. Instead, I reassert my own beliefs, no matter how stupid they might sound, and get angry.

Does anyone else do this?

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Most humans, I think. That behavior's probably the cause of a lot of today's problems.
  • ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    Pretty much what INUH said.
  • Because you never know what you might see.
    I do this sometimes, but I always reconsider my beliefs afterwards and then I feel guilty if it turns out I was in the wrong.

I think I've gotten a lot better at not doing this than I used to be, though.
  • Cognitive Dissonance.

People like to rationalize conflicting opinions.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    It's a very annoying behavior that most dumb fans or bad debaters tend to have. Instead of saying "okay" they have to fight for their point when they don't need to.
  • If you change your beliefs, it means you've wasted your time being wrong. People can't have that.
  • People aren't good at dealing with sunk cost fallacies.