If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

RRRRRRUURRRRUUUUS

edited 2011-05-01 23:46:05 in IJBM meta
Pony Sleuth

Thought we could have a discussion about the new rules. The ones that stand out to me as most relevant to past drama are 0, 2, and 4.

Some of the rules don't seem to be very exacting, but I'm guessing that was intentional? Is being an idiot a bannable offense, and will that rule be enforced? If that's the case... Well, I'll let you guess how I would have finished that thought; suffice it to say, I'd be (perhaps unjustly) pleased if it was the case. There are also a few other things that are of interest, such as the NSFW and wonderpost stuff.

Can't say yet whether I like them. I'm quite fond of teasing posts. But I guess this depends on how it's all enforced.

Comments

• ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    I will most certainly be banned because of the "no stupid rule", and hopefully it will keep the mentally handicapped off of this forum and prevent it's pollution. I must also announce that the sentence before this one is complete bullshit and not meant to be taken seriously at all because of the last rule.
    15. This website shall not be construed to be fit for any particular
    purpose. You will not depend on this website for anything, including
    (but not limited to) your personal well-being
    ; this website and the
    people who run it disclaim liability (including liability for
    user-generated content) to the greatest extent allowed by applicable
    laws.  You are advised to avoid using this website in places like
    schools and offices (due to the possibility of NSFW content) or anytime
    you need to focus on anything.

In other words people who get addicted to here will face what consequences when they break this rule and depend on this website and threaten to kill themselves or declare unsurvival when it comes to parting with or leaving this site?
  • FREEEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOHHHHHHMMMMMMMM!!!!

/braveheart
  • You can change. You can.
    ^^ I'm guessing they'll get banned and they'll have to quit cold turkey.
  • ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    "In other words people who get addicted to here will face what
    consequences when they break this rule and depend on this website and
    threaten to kill themselves or declare unsurvival when it comes to
    parting with or leaving this site?"

It seems so, and I quite like the sound of such a rule.

In other news, I'm going to go ahead and watch Panty & Stocking for no reason other than that video.
  • Panty and Stocking is a fantastic show. I stayed up until about 6 am watching the last episodes.

It turned out to actually be pretty awesome watching the final episode without having slept.
  • edited 2011-05-02 02:37:45
    ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    2. Discussing, debating, arguing, and disagreeing are all allowed.
    However, when doing these things, target the opinions and arguments, not
    the persons you're talking to. Insults, mockery, needlessly rude or
    inflammatory posts, or other irrelevant material may be edited, blanked,
    locked, or deleted.

How does this affect "A Very Special Personal Issue Episode" threads where the thread is about the person themselves and not a discussion? I know you shouldn't harass them or attack them, but, what if they take affirmative blunt advice given by you as a personal attack?

4b. If you are using a user-ignoring extension, you use it at your own
    risk, and you may not talk about the contents of your ignore list. You
    will still be subject to the same rules as if you were able to see the
    posts of users you ignore. Ignoring moderators is, needless to say, a
    bad idea.

What does "use it at your own risk" imply? I can understand that
    nobody should know who is ignoring who, but does this mean we are going
    to get negative repercussions for using this from the administrative
    staff?

• BobBob
    edited 2011-05-02 02:36:24
    Then it's automatically relabeled a personal attack and you're an asshole for even thinking of saying something so insensitive and mean. You know how we feel about bluntness around these parts.
    We need a list of Blunt Reply Acceptable people, so people who don't mind being struck with a hard ass sugarless ball of truth can be designated for said replies and the rest can go live in sugar pussy land.
  • edited 2011-05-02 02:44:58
    ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    I would like that, actually.

Can I have that stamped onto the right hand side of my posts or something?

• edited 2011-05-02 02:47:03
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    How does this affect "A Very Special Personal Issue Episode" threads where the thread is about the person themselves and not a discussion? I know you shouldn't harass them or attack them, but, what if they take affirmative blunt advice given by you as a personal attack?
    I assume if there wasn't actually a personal attack, it'd be okay...unless it was someone trying to disguise a personal attack as blunt advice...basically, I think it'd have to be a bit case-by-case if that becomes a problem.
    What does "use it at your own risk" imply? I can understand that nobody should know who is ignoring who, but does this mean we are going to get negative repercussions for using this from the administrative staff?
    Basically, if you somehow wind up being a dick to someone while ignorelisting them, that's your own fault.
  • Blunt reply the fuck out of me. Just take a big ole' 2x4 of bluntness and beat me with it before shoving it down whatever orifices are most accessible at the time. Beat the shit out of me with and subsequently fuck me with bluntness.

I mean it.
  • We need a list of Blunt Reply Acceptable people, so people who don't mind being struck with a hard ass sugarless ball of truth can be designated for said replies and the rest can go live in sugar pussy land.

Yeah, I was thinking about that. I really wouldn't want others to stop themselves from calling me on whatever it is that's annoying them, and I think they'd be discouraged from doing so if it might be construed as a personal attack.

Though I was thinking a simple "bluntness is ok when posters explicitly ask for it" exception would suffice.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    I need to learn to stop doing that.
  • "
    7a. Wonderposting (a.k.a. shitposting) is allowed but discouraged
    EXCEPT in the Wonderful Posts category; wonderposts outside that
    category may be blanked anytime."

Not sure if want

shitposting is fun sometimes. What about in topics that aren't serious discussions "vanilla ice cream sucks"? Occasional joke posts can be fun there.
  • That's not a new one, it's been there since the early days and I think only has been applied in serious threads.
  • edited 2011-05-02 08:20:30

Courtesy link.

We need a list of Blunt Reply Acceptable people, so people who don't mind being struck with a hard ass sugarless ball of truth can be designated for said replies and the rest can go live in sugar pussy land.

I may not like it but blunt away. I've never reported anyone, and certainly wouldn't unless y'all make it impossible for me to get my point across, which hopefully would be a clear violation.

shitposting is fun sometimes. What about in topics that aren't serious discussions "vanilla ice cream sucks"? Occasional joke posts can be fun there.

As long as it's OK to make a "vanilla ice cream sucks jokes" thread in Wonderposts, will that work?

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    It says "allowed but discouraged." That means "you can do it sometimes, but don't go overboard and derail serious threads."