If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

People making Abridged Series of comedy shows

edited 2011-04-30 18:14:45 in Webspace
Kichigai birthday!!
We know you want to be Internet famous, but at least try not to be this idiotic

Comments

• edited 2011-04-30 18:32:10
    No rainbow star
    ...How does that even work?

Edit: And now all I can think of is, "Yo dawg, I heard you like comedy shows..."
  • edited 2011-04-30 18:36:58
    What, specifically, are you referring to?

But anyway it's not like it matters.  It's just that Yu-Gi-Oh! the Abridged Series was so popular people wanted to make an Abridged Series of every single show ever, regardless of whether or not it actually makes sense to do so.  Because the majority of people do not think about whether a video series is actually a good idea or not before making it.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ It Just Bugs Me The Abridged Series?
  • Yu Gi Oh the abridged series worked because: Yu Gi Oh is flawed, It was a new idea, and LK is actually funny.
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    Bobobo The Abridged Series exists

I'll let that one sink in
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    Bobobo is an abridged series of itself.
  • No rainbow star
    One day we'll have Yu Gi Oh The Abridged Series The Abridged Series
  • edited 2011-04-30 18:56:13
    ^^^^^ Yeah, I know.  Yu-Gi-Oh! the Abridged Series was good, but its imitators often don't bother thinking about what made it good (like... LittleKuriboh being funny, yeah) before they decide that they'll make an Abridged Series out of their favorite/least favorite show.
  • ^^ Ooh, harsh. I've never seen ATHF, is that true? And I think the reasoning is that: "He made an abridged series of an unfunny show. It was funny. Surely if I make an abridged series of a funny show = EVEN FUNNIER"
  • edited 2011-04-30 19:33:18
    Do I detect a hint of mad in nohaynicklibre's opening post?
  • ...That is sort of the point of the whole forum, dude.
  • Writer, Artist, Obscure.
    People making Abridged Series of comedy shows

... Isn't that a little redundant? How does that even work?
  • edited 2011-04-30 19:33:20
    When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    You know what I want?

Seltzer & Freidberg: TAS. 

Let the fun begin. 

V IRC, the Ghost of Christmas Past From the Future was only in one episode.
  • >...That is sort of the point of the whole forum, dude.

No, I meant of the "U MAD" variety.

• Kichigai birthday!!
    Nah, not really
  • edited 2011-04-30 20:03:36
    ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    No, I meant of the "U MAD" variety.

Again, doesn't count here. Everyone is mad.
  • People have tried to abridge Lucky Star. What.
  • No rainbow star
    Somebody should make an abridged series about the concept of abridged series
  • ^^ ...wow.  I thought it was pretty ridiculous that someone would make a K-On! Abridged Series, but... Lucky Star makes even less sense...
  • At least the K-On Abridged Series was funny. The Lucky Star one was awful.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    So who is Team Fourstar? It was mentioned in #42 of YGO the Abridged Series but I never knew who he was.
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    I think they are a group of anime reviewers
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    Team Fourstar are the creators of Dragon Ball Z Abridged. 
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    And Little Kuriboh works with them a lot now. 

Icalasari: I'm fairly certian at least one person has (jokingly) made an abridged series episode of Yu-Gi-Oh: TAS. I could be wrong. 
  • "Somebody should make an abridged series about the concept of abridged series"

The Abridging of Haruhi Suzumiya started out about the SOS Brigade being formed to make an abridged series.