If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Ctrl-Alt-Del (NSFW)

Comments

• So, what's the replaced strip?
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    ^
  • edited 2011-06-04 16:31:40
    RE-ANIMATOR
    ... Buckley caved to public opinion and changed it?

Spineless wimp. 
    It isn't like whether it was funny or not matters. Offending the overly sensitive is its own reward.
  • Seriously, that hasn't been thumped yet? Or whatever we do instead of thump?
  • Punch?
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    Why your webcomic thread gets replies and mine doesn't.

Tell me your secret Myrmidon
  • Hey... I reply to just about everything when I'm on.
    It is what I do.
    Been what I do on every community I've been in since like... 1996 or something (before which I had no Internet and entertainment consisted of digging up dead sheep)...
  • edited 2011-06-04 15:44:50
    I provided helpful images to show you why Tim Buckley sucks.

Try posting those LICD strips where the author tries to burn bridges with every other webcomic artist in existence.

Wait, I'll do it.

• ... Is that supposed to be the lady who does the Devil's Panties... I forget her name. I did get an e-mail from her once, but it was so long ago and so irrelevant that I forget what it was about.  Point is her webcomics are REALLY boring.
  • edited 2011-06-04 17:23:05
    Cue-bey
    ^^Oh, he compares webcomics to the cream of the fucking crop. Let's see how most newspaper comics hold up against Gunnerkrigg Court.

Still, its hard to find a smug look as perfect as that.
  • Ryan Sohmer probably doesn't understand that quality is worth more than quantity...  but who knows?
  • The replaced strip is just lame.

the sheer "what the hell is this guy thinking" actually made me laugh.
  • edited 2011-06-04 19:01:13
    Is Buckley mute?

I refuse to believe he reads his comics out loud.
  • Maybe he just faps over hatedom.
  • Maybe you should an ask and actual black man if it's offensive or not.

Such as myself. And I don't find it offensive at all. Shit, it's true.

Can white people just let us fight our own battles for once? Jesus.
  • 3:55 on the video, Chagen.
  • Bleh. Caucasian guilt-culture can go fuck itself.
  • BobBob
    edited 2011-06-04 19:31:23
    -watches video, LOLs heartily-
  • Says the whitest man who ever lived.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    I am too lazy to keep up with updates...I will never be a good webcomicka.
  • @Myr ... Fuck you, I'm a badger.
  • edited 2013-06-22 02:36:09

this comic strip (possible NSFW)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQ3E0aDHe1Q

mod edited for possible NSFW content

• a little muffled

I didn't notice the Xbox towel at first and I was really confused as to what the point of that comic was.

• Was this really necessary? (both the comic and the revived thread)

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I noticed the Xbox towel and I am still confused as to what the point of the comic is.

Also, time to mark this thread NSFW.

• The message the comic is trying to convey is that Microsoft went too far and "we" were complaining the entire way and only when "we" started figuratively screaming did they cease and shame us for not going along with it.

It's a very dumb message.

• Let us see what Tumblr has to say:

"In case you needed a reminder of what a rancid cancer gnome Tim Buckley is, here it is.

The first thing you’re going to notice is that it’s a homophobic rape joke. The second thing you’re going to do is stare at it blankly, wondering why it isn’t funny. Then you’re going to realise it’s because 1) his metaphor isn’t even slightly fitting for the situation he thinks he’s making jokes about, 2) he thinks gay people are automatically funny 2b) because they make the 108-year-old grandmas who read his comic in his imagination drop their knitting at how shocking and edgy he is being, 3) there’s no timing and he spells out his punchline in ten billion letters, 4) there isn’t actually a “joke” here - the punchline is that the man was a metaphor for Microsoft the whole time, but it doesn’t work because the metaphor is so inaccurate, so it’s just a bunch of references to things (gay people, rape, Xbox) that he assumes are funny because of his tiny little mind, 5) oh come on this is a HOMOPHOBIC RAPE JOKE, I SHOULDN’T HAVE TO EXPLAIN WHY IT ISN’T FUNNY.

In fact, this is the very definition of a bigoted joke, in that (even though the comic doesn’t seek to offend people) you have to be a bigoted person to find it funny. What little humour he thinks is in this comic is based on the audience going ‘hahahahaha, he imagined them as gay men and one of them tried to rape the other, those wacky gays, lmao’. A joke relying on homophobic cliche to work, no matter how offensive, is deserving of more respect than a joke where the humour is dependent on gay people inherently being hilarious. It is literally the lowest form of bigoted comedy. At least the people who laugh at ordinary bigoted jokes do so because they are privileged and stupid; people who laugh at the mere existence of whatever group they are bigoted against are confirmed shits.

For reference, the only time I ever saw another homophobic joke of that kind was when I thought I would watch An American Carol as an act of deliberate self-harm. The only joke in the first twenty minutes was a character fairly neutrally asking another character if they were gay.

Look, you don’t have to read any of this and you’re not going to. The main thing to remember is that CAD is terrible and Tim Buckley is an asshole with a worse sense of humour than I have, and I’m a feminist with a tumblr so you know that’s saying something. Peace out."

• No rainbow star
    On the screencap of Boa on the last page: Boa basically is a troll. Everybody just remembers to not let him rile them up
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Actually I just saw it as a homosexual rape joke.  I can't even tell whether it's homophobic or not.

• Damn, that comic doesn't follow the CAD rule.