If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

That what I consider civil is apparently incredibly dickish / I'm a dick

2»

Comments

• The Sonic Series Wiki Curator of TvTropes
    ^^ They're not exactly things I'd post in polite discourse, nor are they something I'd find myself having to call you out on either.
  • Something like that. They're things that shouldn't be said in polite discourse, but aren't things that should be made a big deal about, specially if they're followed by apologies.

Plus, I've only seen it happen out of exasperation rather than spite, which I think takes away from the dickishness.
  • Because you never know what you might see.
    Bob, may I ask what exactly you do consider to be civil?  Cause I haven't seen you be dickish.
  • It's kind of hard to explain, but one of ways I define civility is treating someone with respect even when you're angry or fed up with them. Apparently I've been disrespecting people here. Therefore, dickishness.
  • Ahahaha. Saturn's butthurt is funny to see.
  • Now I'm feeling guilty for contributing to making MV feel bad about herself...
  • Bumping to prevent myself from making a new discussion about the same thing.
  • $80+ per session
    Who calls you dickish besides yourself again?
  • Obviously no one's going to say outright that they think I'm a dick. It's just one of those things where you can tell everyone is thinking it.

Or maybe that's the paranoia speaking.
  • $80+ per session
    It's the paranoia, babe.

I can say with absolute positivity (I would bet real money on it), that you are very well liked and are just being too hard on your self.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I don't see you as a dick, Bob.

TBH, if it makes you feel any better, you're one of my favorite forumites.
  • Pffft. The people that do think I'm a dick are probably just not posting here because they don't want to get banned by saying I'm a dick (which, depending on the wording, most likely wouldn't even be a bannable offense).

I just want someone to tell me what I'm doing wrong so I can rectify it.
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    ^ Well to rectify:
    Don't worry so much and try to ignore the paranoia.
    Think before posting.

Also I don't think you are a dick.
  • BobBob
    edited 2011-05-29 16:23:28
    That's the thing, though. I do think before posting (and here's where I pause so you guys can get your jaws off of the floor / stop laughing). It's just that for some reason, I'm missing that essential human component that allows us to see in advance when something we say or do is going to be perceived in a way we don't want it to be.

I always try to think about how people will respond to something, yet it never goes how I thought it would.
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    ^
    Well keep at it and just apologise or clarify when wrong or misunderstood.

• Thank you, I'll definitely try.
  • $80+ per session
    And stop caring so much about what other people think.
  • But, then how will I be able to make whiny discussions about my various faults and how they negatively affect other people's perception of me? People need to know why they should be hating me, Vivi! :<
  • $80+ per session
    Why would you want someone to hate you?

You know what I think? If you talk about the reasons people should hate you, or why you think they hate you, they actually listen. When you stop caring what other people think so much, you stop talking about those things, and only talk about the good stuff. And besides, if you REALLY think the people who think you are a dick don't post here, then why should it matter? If they even really exist.
  • It was a joke, silly. :P

But, yeah, that does make sense. So, just to make sure we're on the same page, you're saying that when one talks about their faults, it makes other people notice said faults more then they were?
  • $80+ per session
    Yeah.
  • Alrighty then. I'll keep that in mind. Thanks.
  • $80+ per session
    You're welcome, hun. NOW GIVE MOMMA SOME SUGAH
  • BobBob
    edited 2011-05-29 16:52:06
    White, brown, golden, liquid or powdered?
  • $80+ per session
    Y-you know...h-how I like it...eheh...
  • BobBob
    edited 2011-05-29 16:55:35
    -pours some sugar in a cup and brings it to Vivi before pouring it on her body and licking it off-
  • E-bro fist, Bob.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    "It's just that for some reason, I'm missing that essential human
    component that allows us to see in advance when something we say or do
    is going to be perceived in a way we don't want it to be."

That's a problem for everyone, especially on the internet, I think.