If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Girls on the internet.

Comments

• edited 2011-04-28 23:27:56

The topic itself was legitimate, but volatile.

Anyways, I'm curious about guys who act like girls on the Internet, since we have quite a few that do it for non-fetishistic reasons. I sort of understand self-expression and wanting to be treated a certain way by doing so, but what is different about being considered female instead of being considered male?

The thing that bugs me the most about this is that I rarely see the reverse.

^It's easy to see why it's such a touchy subject for you.

• anyone ever stop to think that this may be why IJBM was nuked?
  • @Bob: You needn't apologize to me, you did nothing wrong.  You're being a bit hard on yourself IMO.
  • "The thing that bugs me the most about this is that I rarely see the reverse."

Yo.
  • Bob: People like you just don't usually give me the time a day/consider me a joke. No biggie, I guess.
  • Sammy:What I meant was that they sometimes take it too far. The radical ones. Not the normal ones. I support Gender Equality.

Seriously, stop stereotyping me as some misogynist.

Living with a father who pushes 1950's style sexism down my throat doesn't make it easy.
  • Eh, I've never seen you as a joke. You're alright in my book. I'll admit, I am a little curious as to what you mean by people like me.
  • You've already made that thread, we've already explained what's the problem with thinking like that.
  • edited 2011-04-28 23:32:27
    Has friends besides tanks now
    I hope nothing I said here came off as exceptionally dickish. I was just calling it as I saw it, and if anyone has taken umbrage with anything I've said, let me know, and I can try to explain/apologize.
  • Chagen, how many girls have you actually interacted with in real life?
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
  • edited 2011-04-28 23:35:36
    Bob: People who have more...aggressive/snarky means of dealing with people, as well as a low tolerance for shit. GuitarBizarre comes to mind. Also, people who solve their bullshit problems with jokes. Not that any of this is a bad thing. (Even though I can't stand GB)

I'm just honestly surprised you are okay with me.

^^His mom and...uh..
  • I'm not stereotyping you, Chuggles. I'm working only off what you've said, and it's enough. Everyone who doesn't grow up in some sort of societal bubble absorbs sexist messages from family, the media and other people. You're old enough to examine and counter your prejudices. They may never go away, and that's fine, but for god's sake don't put them in your writing.
  • edited 2011-04-28 23:37:13
    [tɕagɛn]
    Abyss: Quite a few. I have a lot of Freundins. Many I work with, and a few like me a lot. To the point of hinting that they want to be my girlfriend.
  • The plural of Freundin is not Freundins. There is no 's' plural in the German language.
  • @Saturn: I'm kind of butting in here, but why would anyone not be okay with you?
  • I'm a whiny bitch, I'm pretty stupid, I keep saying I'll try to fix myself but I repeat mistakes, I'm too optimistic for life, I have no spine, I'm not funny, and I'm annoyingly flirty.
  • Saturn: Seconded except for the Optimism.
  • Really?  I haven't really been around you that much, but I haven't noticed any of those things. 
  • You don't go into yackfest, and didn't go in the same threads I did on tvtropes.
  • I guess not, since I'm really only confined to a few threads there.  Still, you seem to be pretty likable here, and isn't everyone generally more stupid and obnoxious on IJBM?
  • I think I'm going to talk to that girl on doujinstyle.

I'm just going to say hi, and I'll try to keep a level head. I won't hit on her or anything.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    I missed the 'on' there and was like >=O
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    and isn't everyone generally more stupid and obnoxious on IJBM?

Not if you can ignore them.
  • Vorpy areyou mad at me? I'm relaly sorry if I upset you.
    Tnu I didn't even say anything to you that would set up any anger flags. Unless one of my arrows pointed to the wrong post.
  • I'm sorry it's just that I dono't have many friends here except you, Chagen and bnow Dia so I can't afford to lose any of you as friends and i'm paranoid about creepign you out or b oth ering you.
  • @Vorpy: Yeah, that's true.  Thanks for namedropping that ignore extension, by the way, though I'll probably be far too lazy to use it.
    But tnu, you are not my friend.

You can be by liking Elfen Lied, Yugioh and Stockings for starters though.
    I like Yugioh!