If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Non-American Fan Dumb

edited 2011-04-28 19:14:18 in Meatspace
☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
After thinking about how dumb Japanese anime fans are or what they would look like/do/say, it put the idea into my head "Do all stupid fans act the same as Americas, or are they radically different due to different levels of exposure or outlets to their favorite work?"

Is the UK's DoctorWho fan dumb the same as Americas? What about Gurren Lagann's fan dumb? Are they the same in Japan as they are over here?

I don't know anyone on here that is from a different country other than Kwarhizmi, nohaynicklibre and snowbull (I think).

Comments

• Aside from being politically more leftish, Canada is pretty much culturally identical to America. The only uniquely Canadian part of Canadian culture I can think of is trying to find some way to differentiate us from American culture.
  • edited 2011-04-28 19:19:56
    And Quebec. Well, at least that's not American.
  • Yeah, but you can pretty easily consider Quebec their own culture separate from the rest of Canada.
  • edited 2011-04-28 19:24:47
    Some significant percentage of my ancestors are from Quebec! :D
  • I've never met a person from quebec. I know more people from the Philippines than Quebec.
  • edited 2011-04-28 19:24:21
    Because you never know what you might see.
    Whereas Britain is a European country that won't admit that it would secretly love to be America.

Though like Canada, we're further to the political left.

Our Doctor Who fans are probably different from yours since it's mainstream television here, and one of the most popular entertainment programmes.  That said, we have plenty of anoraks who can tell you exactly what the Doctor did with his sonic screwdriver in serial 45, episode 3 or whatever, and they have their fair share of Fan Dumb.  Having largely avoided the show's international fanbase, I couldn't tell you whether it was the same as the American Fan Dumb, but Fan Dumb is Fan Dumb, right?