If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Headphones breaking on one side

edited 2011-04-28 12:53:48 in Meatspace
But you never had any to begin with.
Either break completely, or don't break at all! Don't do things by halves!

Factoring earbuds...

Comments

• ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Did you know:

That if you pull the headphone slightly out of the plug you can make it sound like an instrumental or remove the vocals? I wish I could find a way to do that on Audacity so I can just do that instead.
  • I can't seem to do that on my Iphone, sadly.

It does tend to remove more than just the vocals in plenty of cases, though.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Most of the time in Limp Bizkit songs or Death Metal songs with horrible lyrics but awesome drums/guitar it is a significant improvement.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I've broken, repaired, broken, repaired, broken, repaired, broken, repaired, broken, repaired, broken, and repaired a pair of Jetblue headphones.
  • I had this happen on a pair of headphones.recently.  Some epoxy and masking tape and it ended up working more or less for another four months until I coughed up the money for a new set.

Vorpy:  There was an Enya song (sound of trees album I think) that sounded totaly awesome with the headphone jack pulled otu just slightly.  made it sound like her voice was echoing through a large chamber from a distance.  As nice as her voice already is, this made it ten times cooler.  But it doesnt' work liek that with all songs.  Something to do with the left-ring balance, and the fact that you're using one side as the ground circuit or something like that.  If the left-ring balance is set up right, it turns out cool when you short it out.

• edited 2011-04-28 14:44:38
    We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    Limp Bizkit songs

awesome drums/guitar

• Vorpy: I think you have to invert one of the channels, then convert the entire track to mono.