If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Power Outages

edited 2011-04-27 14:50:39 in Meatspace
no longer cuddly, but still Edmond
You know what sucks? When a bad storm happens, and it knocks over a bunch of trees or something, and you're without power. This is my second day without, and it is fucking killing me, because practically everything I like to do requires an electronic of some sort, so its like, when there's no electricity, its... its basically like the second worst thing to being dead, as far as I'm concerned. I know some people can take outages in stride. They just do all their writing on pen and paper, or they read. I can't do that. I can't stand pencil lead, and I can only read if its broken up intermittently with something else. Last night I read for four hours straight and the words got all blurry and I started having trouble comprehending them, like a brick wall had erected around my brain or something. Ugh. At first I was able to get around it by starting a different book, but after awhile I couldn't take more of that (for the curious, the books I'm reading right now are Twenty Years After by Alexandre Dumas, and Jaws by Peter Benchley). Anyway, it happened that a friend had a device that let me charge up my laptop in the car, and one of the good things about dial-up is that the phone line doesn't particularly care if the power is on, so I'm able to subsist on rationed time. I'm more likely to use it to watch episodes of My Little Pony than play around on the net though, but anyway, if you don't see me either here or on TV Tropes, this is why. I've been told the power might be back on at 11:00 PM tonight, so here's hoping.