If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

"It was my [insert relative] that did the trollposting, not me!" "Screw you, you're still banned!"

Comments

• I'm sure he has entertained the thought. I bet the only reason he doesn't do it is because people might actually start a shitstorm.
  • This just in: can't go to school library tomorrow. I was wrong about how much time I would have in there and it's not enough to log into the old dinosaur of a computer and wait for it to load. If it's not too much trouble, could someone send this to a mod in the edit banned thread or PM it to them if it is more appropriate:

This is snowfoxofdeath speaking. My account has been Google bounced. I am aware that troll activity under the handle KLM using this IP address had been brought to the notice of Fast Eddie sometime Jan. 16. Fast Eddie has banned KLM and deleted all posts he made in the Quickie Questions thread of Yack Fest. I was able to access the site last night, but this morning I was Google bounced. This appears to be an IP ban, as I tried to make a sockpuppet to plead my case personally and it was Google bounced as well. I do not believe I have done anything to warrant a ban, and I know for a fact that the owner of KLM will be unable to use this IP address in the future. If this ban is not lifted and I can find no further arguments to help my case, I will be content to lurk anonymously for the rest of my stay on this site. 
  • Why doesn't FE just delete the entire right side of the fora? Wouldn't that fix all of his problems?
    Yeah, I've always thought he could put the social part of the forum off-site and let other people run it as we do with the IRC channels (or, indeed, this place). That way the community stays intact and the forum problems are out of his hands.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Seriouspost: By the way, I'm not getting involved with this wrongful ban appeal.  Just FYI; I have other things to deal with, so don't yell at me for not doing anything about it.
  • ^ You're a mod?

I might have another chance at the library later. I hope it's not a cluster ban because my house is right next to school.
  • He's only a mod on a small part of the TvTropes forum, but he is a mod here.
  • edited 2011-01-18 14:58:19
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I was referring to my being a mod here, that, despite my leadership position here, I don't feel like taking responsibility for this issue, that's all.

It was mostly a disclaimer in case anyone expected me to help out because of an assumption that, by helping to run this site, i'd be on the same side as a "fellow exile" or something.
  • The sockpuppet I made at school is blocked. Someone is going to have to help me. I just hope that they're not in danger of the banhammer in case they choose to do so.

Since I made two attempts at sockpuppets, does that count as ban-evading?
  • Because you never know what you might see.
    Only if you use them to make edits or posts on the forum.

Thatguythere 47 has posted your message in the Edit Banned thread, so hopefully Eddie will see it.
  • If anything, you could haggle to get a regular temp ban, as the Google ban did seem a bit severe. Then they'd know you weren't kidding around.
  • Mad's response in case you haven't seen it yet, snow

For what it's worth, snowfoxofdeath has a solid history of useful contribution in OTC and Writer's block, as well as in down the rightside (Yackfest and Forum Games, mostly.) KLN had nothing except the one set of posts in the thread asking about getting his cousin banned too, if he did something wrong.
  • If nothing else, I too will vouch for you, I just don't really know how.
  • Awesome. If Mad's response doesn't convince Eddie to change his mind, I'm going to lose all hope for that forum.
  • edited 2011-01-18 19:03:00
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Isn't Madrugada one of the most senior moderators?

This might be a useful proxy of whether Fast Eddie has a good line of communication with them, if it doesn't work.
  • She's pretty much the most senior mod other than Eddie that does anything, from what I can tell.
  • Madrugada is the only one other than Eddie and the mostly absent Janitor who can ban people.
  • A Google ban for that? Talk about severe.
  • You could simply change your IP address, create a new account and pretend Snowbull never existed. As long as you don't do anything that would obviously reveal yourself, you'll be fine.
  • edited 2011-01-18 22:46:30
    Snowy Foxes
    ^ *is not snowbull, but gets the meaning*

Changing the IP might not do much good. It seems like a good chunk of my suburb is banned and I could get an overlap. It could also screw with the local network with my dad's computer. Correct me if I'm wrong; I don't know a lot about this stuff.
  • By the way, ban evasion is just about the worst possible way to get back on the site.  Just go without until Maddie or Eddie decides what to do.
  • edited 2011-01-18 22:50:29
    Usually all it takes to change your IP is to unplug your cable or DSL modem and plug it back in. But, as you've already discovered, most bans are applied as IP ranges to keep people from doing exactly that.

Wait a minute, when did Inkblot start posting here?

Edit: Also what Poni said.
  • Yeah, ban evasion is like breaking out of prison; even if you were innocent, you're now guilty.

Also, Inkblot is generictroper.gif even outside of tvtropes :P
  • Don't be silly, he's default.gif here. :P

WHY THE HELL ARE PEOPLE STILL USING GIF FOR THESE THINGS?
  • Rule of funny? =d
  • "Was Fast Eddie in a really, really bad mood yesterday"

Nah, he's like that all the time.
  • edited 2011-01-19 11:52:14
    Does he have a router? Most of them give you the option to change the MAC address, allowing people to change their IP address even if it's normally static.

CentralAvenue: The mods only do that for repeat offenders, like MFE. If you've been banned once, then no, the mods haven't banned your entire range.
  • edited 2011-01-19 17:29:41
    Snowy Foxes
    But my cousin made about three posts. How does that count as a repeat offense?
  • One, 2, 3? I was banned with only one previous warning I could recall.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Well, there was that recent Mystery Hunt puzzle involving the tune Take Me Out To The Ball Game...
  • Because you never know what you might see.
    You can be banned with only one prior warning.  Or even without any warning at all, if you're an obvious troll or vandal.