If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

This feels like the last days of IJBM 1

edited 2011-04-26 12:15:51 in IJBM meta
Kichigai birthday!!
All that shitposting, derails, threads getting locked/deleted.

It's an uneasy sensation,because now I'm afraid of Glenn snapping and deleting the whole forum.

Comments

• Dude, it's pretty much that way since this board was made.  And I doubt Glenn would do that.  Glenn isn't Fast Eddie.
  • edited 2011-04-26 12:22:08
    ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    I pray Glenn likes IJBM more than Fast Eddie does. I know sometimes the shitposting gets out of control but the images are entertaining for some, and hell, there are so few discussions here anyway. Most of the ones geared to make them start don't stay online as long as the ones who want to post backgrounds, image macros and lady gaga pictures.

I just have this feeling that a very GAY division will begin to erupt in the middle (and there are some assholes already trying to foster that kind of division) between those who want to have serious discussions and those who want to lightly chat while posting a bunch of inane shit.
  • edited 2011-04-26 12:23:13
    They're somethin' else.
    this thing will never be golden age IJBM 1.

And another thing: Why can't there be a separate forum for inane shitposting? Or is the only point of shitposting to be loud, obnoxious and otherwise distort whatever meaning a forum has?
  • Id have to agree with Schizo onthis one.
  • Because you can just go back to the main fora to do that?
  • ^^^ There is a separate subforum for inane shitposting. It leaks out into the rest of this site anyway.
  • No rainbow star
    Really, I think the shit posting would probably be less of an issue if the forum software did a better job of keeping threads seperate
  • How is it the software's fault? The software doesn't choose to shitpost in other threads.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    What was the golden age of IJBM 1 like? 
  • edited 2011-04-26 14:25:32
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Basically, mass shitposting, compounded continuously.

> I know sometimes the shitposting gets out of control but the images are
    entertaining for some, and hell, there are so few discussions here
    anyway.

Hey, some of us here (myself included) actually like discussions.  And try to encourage them.

Shitposting is funny in small amounts, but there's a limit to how much is healthy.

As for there being a subforum for shitposting, that isn't exactly true; all it is is a category.  However, if you want to set up your own forum for shitposting, go right ahead.  I probably won't join--especially if all it is is a bunch of (near-)naked sexualized women in wallpaper-sized images, but I don't mind its existence at all.
  • ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    "It's an uneasy sensation,because now I'm afraid of Glenn snapping and deleting the whole forum."

...Glenn Beck or Glenn Magus Harvey?

Both, working together. 
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Glenn Beck is some fucker who is dirtying the name Glenn.  He should change his name so he is no longer doing so.
  • What about Glenn Matthews?

Never heard of him.
  • He isa Janitor at a Hospital.
    Oh, he hates JD, right?

Yeah, that's all I know about him from a quick Wikipedia search.  I don't watch Scrubs.
  • and you should be ashamed of that good sir.
    You should be advised that I don't watch House or E.R. either.
  • Does Glenn have to pay for this site?

If not I don't see a reason why he would bother deleting it unless he really got pissed off by insults or some shit.
    I don't; it's hosted by UE's friend.
    Unknown_Entity, our webmaster.
  • The IRCs want you(r soul): irc.esper.net, #ijbm
    Otherwise known as that which makes features magically appear here and there.
    Magical! 
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    All hail the Unknown_Entity (it's spelled with a underscore, not rocket science)
  • ALL HAIL THE UNKNOWN_ENTITY!