If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Glenn Beck

edited 2011-04-26 07:28:37 in Media
No rainbow star
Why the hate? He's been quoted as literally calling himself a rodeo clown that was given his own show All he is is someone who is exaggerating who he is to unbelievable levels. He's a comedian who is taken seriously because lol viewers of fox I'm pretty sure his admission is just shy of him admitting that he is a troll

Comments

• How ironic. I was JUST watching Jon Stewart's 11/3 project.

• I used to likd Glenn Becm, but my grandpa and my dad stopped watching him.

Then a few years later, he's apparently some crazy nut. Fucking party system, can't we have some normal people in politics for once?
  • edited 2011-04-26 09:12:10
    But you never had any to begin with.
    I believe being a "normal" person and "wanting to become a politician" are mutually exclusive.
  • Which is kinda bad. You know, given that politicians can hold the lives of millions of people and entire cultures in their hands.
  • The thing I think drives people up a wall about Glenn Beck, is that he portrays a genuine conspiracy nut on TV.  One that's surprisingly otherwise sane, intelligent, and likeable.

So you're left with the following choices to react to him:
    * You can trivialize him as insane, claim it's all just an act, etc., which plays into his - and Fox News' - hands, because his followers believe there is a conspiracy to trivialize everything that's not politically correct.
    * You can admit you think he might not be completely insane, in which case you are trivialized.

I suppose that is pretty much the definition of "polarizing".  But I still think he's fascinating.  More so than, say, Sarah Palin or Donald Trump.

• Because you never know what you might see.
    He's been flanderised in my head into "the guy who cries on TV at the drop of a hat".
  • Saigyouji is right on this one.