If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

day only has 24 hrs

edited 2011-01-18 01:48:15 in Meatspace
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
i have too much stuff to do
i just spent the past weekend captaining a mystery hunt team
and basically got nothing else done
i didn't even have the time to check this place out :(
and now i've apparently learned to talk like this (IRC-speak i.e. little/no punctuation/caps) on forum posts
cripes..

Comments

• So, uh...

An hour for every hour?
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    9y F&CI 8 f9rg9t ab97t tyat jeje
    oh shit handshift
    that should say "oh FUCK i forgot about that meme"
  • It seemed like an obvious reference. I'm inclined to think that this happened subconsciously.
    NO IT DID NOT DAMNIT
  • Because you never know what you might see.
    I agree with the OP.

Mainly because I have an exam in a few days, I need to find accomodation for next year, I still haven't bought all my books for this term let alone read them, and here I am on IJBM, and it's already 11 am.
  • Agreed! 24 hours is way too little. (sigh) Wish it was possible to get rid of the need to sleep somehow.
  • If you don't mind what kind of things it could do to your brain, there's this.
    Would be interesting if you could tag-team stuff with a close companion such as a spouse.
  • No rainbow star
    Beholderess: Some nights I am up all night

Tonight is likely going to be such a night

With a lab in the morning

...Slime had better not be explodable, or everybody in that room is fucked
  • I swear that it was 2 o'clock like, five minutes ago, and now it's 14 past midnight. WTF?
    I need to get up early tomorrow and I'm also already sleepy.  But there's so much stuff I want to do tonight.

G'night.
  • I'm pretty sure that if days were longer, they would just readjust the due dates.
  • edited 2011-05-14 22:16:11
    Loser
    I thought the day was significantly shorter than 24 hours though. Otherwise there would be no night, right?

Aside from stupid stuff, I think planning ahead tends to make it seem like you have more time than you really do. I hear that not having friends or anything interesting to do can also make you more productive, but I am not sure I would recommend that to everyone. Still, I can understand that occasionally time just seems to slip away. I guess that is all the more reason to become a time traveler, but I suppose that is classified.

Sorry, I guess I am just stating the obvious. I can agree that giving up some sleep from time to time can work, but I think that sleep is really important. I never understood the whole idea behind "all-nighters" as a result of that belief.
  • "Day" is both 24 hours and the time that isn't night.

Because of this, the word "yesternight" is obsolete.
  • edited 2011-05-14 22:23:13
    Loser
    Edmania,

Sorry, I guess that kind of thing just confuses me. I mean, why can "today" mean both the parts of May 14th that took place during light hours and mean the entirety of May 14th while few would use "tonight" to refer to 8 AM this morning? I suppose part of that could be that the light hours are the only ones that people think matter, but I see that as an unfair bias. I believe that nighttime is important and does not deserve to be marginalized like that.

On a somewhat related note, I wonder why someone said "good morning" to me nearly every time I met that person when those meetings frequently took place during the afternoon or evening. That only made me even more confused about this type of thing.
  • They're probably either too lazy to check the time, it's just more convenient that way (though a lot of things in the English language aren't exactly convenient) or they're just trying to mess with you.
    I wonder how people use "tonight" in places with polar night.

@LouieW: Well, the idea behind an all-nighter is that you have stuff that has to be done by sunrise tomorrow, or something like that, so you keep on trucking even though you ought to be asleep.
  • Catching even just a few hours of sleep has always worked out better for me.
  • edited 2011-05-15 20:04:28
    Mexican fag

EARTH HAS 4 CORNER 

SIMULTANEOUS 4-DAY

TIME CUBE

IN ONLY 24 HOUR ROTATION.

4 CORNER DAYS,  CUBES 4 QUAD

EARTH- No 1 Day God.

• edited 2011-05-15 20:30:49
    We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    Blame Sarda.
  • ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    Nonsense! Everyone knows it is a FIVE DAY time cube!
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I AM TIME CUBE
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    Wait, don't cubes have 6 sides?
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Not time cubes.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Do not apply logic to Time Cube.
  • ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    Time cubes have 5 1/2 sides.