If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The hatred for all snowclones, including "legitimate snowclones"

BobBob
edited 2011-04-24 21:52:55 in Webspace
Or snowclones with legitimate topics that would make sense on their own. I can see why content-less, illegitimate snowclones would be so widely hated, but why legit ones? This is especially daunting (or was, at least) when I would make two separate threads that were essentially snowclones of each other, but both legit, and one or both ended up getting deleted.

Comments

• Because you never know what you might see.
    I actually agree with this.  There shouldn't be anything wrong with a snowclone if it's got a point to it beyond "thread title is a pun, lol".

They're not so fun to moderate though, not when half a dozen more spring up and half the forum's raging about them.
  • This reminds me of the mass deletion of the languages in IJBM 1. At least half had actual discussions, but all were deleted.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I agree with the OP.
  • Because you never know what you might see.
    ^^ I think I missed that one.  What was the title format?  Just [language name], or a phrase?
  • edited 2011-04-24 22:08:39
    Cue-bey
    ^"The X language"
  • All of them had actual discussion, even "The Sumerian language" which I don't think was the OP's intention.

Anyhow, I think the backlash against snowclones is over, Yack Fest has seen a few snowclones recently, and nearly half of Old Folk's Home are snowclones.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    I agree with the OP.