If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

My inconsistent attitudes

edited 2011-04-24 07:33:03 in Meatspace
no longer cuddly, but still Edmond
I can't seem to ever keep my feelings straight. Typical example: "Wow, this Bullet Hell shooter is absolute heaven! It's the best thing ever! I wanna keep playing and playing until I've totally mastered it! Wooo!" Plays for four hours straight. Then I take a break for whatever reason. Then I come back, and suddenly its "Ahhhh this is too stressful how was I supposed to see that coming I can't do anything right I can't play this game I've gotta turn it off!" Then I do, and I wind up not playing anything. It happens with too many things--I'll be interested, even enthusiastic, but then within the space of 6-24 hours I'll have suddenly become bored or even built up a revulsion to it. Ugh. BE CONSISTENT, EDMOND! *bangs head on desk* Any suggestions? That don't involve drug abuse?

Comments

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere
    You're just in a different mood. That happens.
  • no longer cuddly, but still Edmond
    There's mood swings, then there's "this thing that I freaking loved a few minutes ago is suddenly scaring the shit out of me" or going from obsessively reading comics to obsessively hating them or, in less media-related spaces, going from wanting nothing but chicken to being sick at the sight of it.

Something that massive and disruptive isn't a standard mood swing.
  • JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere
    Well, it could be mood swings in the actual, psychological sense... In which case, do you have blood sugar problems? Are you depressed? Do you get migraines or tension headaches? These are all relevant questions here.
    "Blood sugar problems" -- to be honest, I don't know. I know that sometimes when I'm in a bad or anxious mood, eating candy (chocolate especially) makes it go away, but this doesn't always work.

"Depressed" - Yes.

"Migraines or tension headaches" - I used to think so, but now I'm not so sure. I do know that sometimes taking headache medicine makes me... normalize a bit, but like the candy thing it sometimes works, sometimes doesn't.
  • JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere
    What kind of candy?
    Usually M&Ms or Kit-Kat bars.  Recently it was Twix, but only because nothing better was available (I don't normally like anything with caramel)
  • JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere
    If it's mainly chocolate of some sort, it may be migraine-related. They don't always take the form of obvious, throbbing pain...