If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The Africa Excuse (Racism Evocation: Starving Mother Fuckers Invalidation Gambit Mk. II)

edited 2011-04-23 01:17:45 in Meatspace
☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
You know, when ever somebody is talking about misfortune or good deeds, or just desire to be a negative fuck that wants to shoot down a potential emotional moment, and they bring up "Well there are people dying and starving in Africa so I don't see why what you are bringing up is so good/bad/important/relevant".

It's used to counter the idea of a Christian God, to counter act "woe is me" stories, to counter act personal trauma that has happened, to to bring a new feel of hopelessness and melancholy to a conversation, and to generally challenge people to do something they cannot do with a simple sentence.

Some days I wish all of the starving people over there would just fucking die so that excuse couldn't be used anymore, or at least be helped out on a good enough scale so that it becomes pointless to even go "nobody cares that your step-father died from cancer, there are hundreds of african children starving to death in Africa, stop being such a whiny bitch".

Comments

• BobBob
    edited 2011-04-26 22:27:51

[Comment deleted]
    [Reason: Shitpost(?)]

• I always hated that excuse too, though I guess I should be grateful that hardly anyone I know uses it.
  • "Ship my food over there, then. I'm sure they'd like this shit better than I do."
  • This is a Godwin's Law variation already, so you can safely ignore it. That said, there are people starving in Africa, so why do you even care about this?
  • Ugh I know i'm sick of hearing this I get that there are people starving in Africa but i'm dealing with my own problems on my own terms.
  • For a start, it implies that there ain't people starving over here as well...
  • Yeah there ar estarving people in the states don't be so selfish.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    I only use it for joking purposes.

For example: "Yes, I know I just spilled your drink all over the floor, but there are starving children in Africa, you ungrateful bastard."

They usually get the joke. 
  • Because you never know what you might see.
    ^ Same here.

Except I once accidentally guilt tripped my friend into not buying Nestle products that way once.  It's for the best, I guess, but I still felt like a douche afterwards.