If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I want singing lessons, but I don't think I could make the time

edited 2011-04-21 17:50:06 in Meatspace
Has friends besides tanks now
Which sucks because I have a fairly high octave range for a male and feel like I could actually impress myself (for once) if I could sing properly. But, as usual, I'd rather do other shit that isn't as time-consuming by itself. Maybe later on in life.

I've considered looking up videos on YouTube or using Google-fu or something, but I don't think that would be the same.

Comments

• When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    Well, it was either this or swimming. :P
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    So fucking true. But there's still other stuff I do with my time when it's not swim season that gets in the way of actually being productive.
  • Give it to me straight, guys: is this a good singing voice?

http://vocaroo.com/?media=vsvOkAmWBRDT0XiWZ

• edited 2011-04-21 18:37:14
    It sounds pretty nice, technically, but it lacks confidence. Not that I have any myself. And I also don't have the confidence to attempt a vocal cover and post it to the Internet. Not after last time . . .
  • edited 2011-04-21 18:42:26
    I did a shitty cover of this song: 

Lucky Revenant said it was okay, but I don't believe that myself. I've already thumped the post where I posted it. I got the notes mostly right, I think, but my voice sounded so dumb.
  • edited 2011-04-21 18:42:44
    Well I'm not so sure a screamy heavy metal song is the best way to demonstrate singing ability.
  • edited 2011-04-21 18:46:16
    Most of the song isn't screaming. Or at least, not harsh vocal screaming. But you're probably right.
  • Yeah, you're right. I don't have a lot of patience for metal.