If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Periods

edited 2011-04-21 12:47:07 in Wonderful posts
They're overrated

I recommend we don't use them

Comments

• But you never had any to begin with.
    I. Can't. Agree.

In. Fact. They. Are. Underrated. On. The. Internet.
  • Master Guardian of the Passive Voice
    Hmm, my first guess was that Vorpy had started this And I assumed it had nothing to do with punctuation On topic, here is a sample of how things look without periods Not too much of a point, from my perspective

Also on topic, do you recommend using double line breaks in lieu of periods? How do you feel about question marks or exclamation points? :-)
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I don't like how periods are just a simple small dot that you'd tap the page to write, and tapping ball-point pens on a page is annoying to make something show up.

FWIW the Chinese use a small circle as a period.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    For some reason it bugs me when Europeans use the comma instead of the period for their abbreviations and vice versa (when you write 1.000.000 I'm thinking you've got 1, not a million, dudes). 
  • But you never had any to begin with.
    Well, we definitely use 1,000,000 in England, at any rate.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    I know! What is 4,538 even supposed to signify? 4 thousand or four point five? 
  • edited 2011-04-21 14:24:41
    No rainbow star
    ^^^ My phone thinks that's a number and I almost dialed someone when I pressed it thinking the blue was a url D:
  • ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    How can no one mention that they thought this would be about a certain time in a woman's life?
    IJBM, I am dissapoint.
  • Uh... BaronGrackle did.
  • ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    But it was offhand, and not a proper derail!