If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

"I want to move to Japan!"

2»

Comments

• There was like one or two in my high school.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    i have met around.....11. Although my definition may or may not be different than yours.
  • Because you never know what you might see.
    I kind of hate the word "weeaboo", to be honest.  It's one of those words that has a different definition depending on who and what you dislike, and how much you dislike them.
    Which is the reason why I thought of it as a meaningless buzzword. Until Webster's makes a clean-cut definition or Urban Dictionary sucks less then Weeaboo will always be "Anyone who likes anything from Japan that I absolutely despise."
  • edited 2011-04-16 13:13:16
    He's a weeaboo? I thought he was just a somewhat-racist weirdo.

Same here, except I think the "somewhat-racist" is explained by the weirdo.

Anyhow, Yurifanboysama definitely counts. Also.
  • No rainbow star
    I thought a weeaboo was defined as someone who rejects their heritage in exchange for acting like (how they percieve) Japanese
  • No rainbow star
    ^ Obligatoraly Obligatory?
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Yes.  Very much yes.  Every time someone says that w-word.

As for Japan: I've heard that it's nice if you're a tourist but it's a pain to actually live there.  I know at least that cost of living in Tokyo is extraordinarily high, for example.

> So if I want to live in America at some point, what does that make me?

Ameriboo?
    Japan = Weeapan?
    I thought it was a Wankee.
    Wankee = a person who is wanked by a wanker.

Although actually, "wanker" is probably the word I was looking for.
    Wannabe Yankee....or a Weagle, a Wamerican?
    No, it's definitely "wanker".

"Weagle" sounds like it should be "wannabe beagle".
  • The Sonic Series Wiki Curator of TvTropes
    Yacker?
    So that means a Fan Wanker is a....

....fucking eww.
  • Japan has always struck me as one of the most culturally different among countries that have developed as much as it has, and I've had an interest in it in part because of that. I've never been to a foreign country besides Canada, and I've enjoyed studying foreign languages for years, so it seems fair to me to want to try living there for a time. I'm planning on studying abroad in Japan for a semester next year. I've always thought it sounded like an interesting place to live in, and I thought maybe I'd try out the JET program after college.

I don't think I'd be opposed to living there depending on what kind of career opportunities I could find. It's just that it'd mean being farther away from family, and I can't say for sure how much the cultural differences would stress me.

But y'know, I've read about difficulties other people have had living there and I don't expect it to be anything like Super Happy Video Game Anime Land. Hopefully being aware of potential problems will allow me to deal with them more effectively.
  • «I don't think I'd be opposed to living there depending on what kind of career opportunities I could find.»

From what I've heard, Japanese office jobs are designed to be even more painfully mind-numbing than American office jobs, and that's the main thing that makes me seriously not want to live in Japan.
  • ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    I do hope to live in Japan, but not for the common reasons of its culture or anything like that. I'd like to live there expressly because of its gorgeous landscape, and that is 99% of the reason.

I'd positively love to live in a serene and secluded mountain village.