If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Easter Eggs = Spring Spheres

edited 2011-04-15 13:48:30 in Meatspace
No rainbow star
http://www.thestar.com/iphone/living/article/974788--u-s-school-renames-easter-eggs-spring-spheres Damm lack of markup in mobile version Anyways, what bothers me isn't the removal of Easter It's calling the eggs spheres BGGTVRGJJKOPHSBMK THEY ARE NOT SPHERE SHAPED DAMMIT!

Comments

• Anyways, what bothers me isn't the removal of Easter

It's calling the eggs spheres

BGGTVRGJJKOPHSBMK THEY ARE NOT SPHERE SHAPED DAMMIT!

This was my first thought upon reading the title of this thread. Glad to see we're both on the same page.
  • Master Guardian of the Passive Voice

Looking at the article, there's no evidence that this ever happened. But if it's real...

Then I fear we are entering an new age of oppression, in which Added Alliterative Appeal dominates over common sense. That can be the only explanation for changing "Eggs" to "Spheres". We must surrender immediately, bowing before the burgeoning behemoth banana bowstrings of alliteration.

• No rainbow star
    ^^ You know, it's funny. I think I'd be more upset over, say, someone calling an egg a sphere than I would being beaten close to death by someone who at least used proper terminology
  • BobBob
    edited 2011-04-15 14:25:44
    Face it, "Spring Ovoid" / "Spring Ellipsoid" doesn't roll off the tongue quite as easily.
  • What about... spring egg?
  • BUT EGGS ARE SYMBOLS OF RELIGIOUS OPPRESSION AND HAVE NO PLACE IN OUR SCHOOLS YOU INSENSITIVE WHORE! >8C
  • Master Guardian of the Passive Voice
    ^^ The egg's more of a pagan influence though, right? That should still be okay. Just like Christmas Trees Winter Sticks.
  • edited 2011-04-15 14:56:21
    This story's probably just as true as every other "School renames religious term X to Y" story.

Though if it is, I wonder if the principal is a troper who spent too much time in TRS.
  • Woki mit deim Popo.
    That term sounds like a really odd euphemism about rabbit droppings.
  • Boo, spring spheres doesn't roll off the tongue at all.
  • edited 2011-04-15 16:13:40
    I haven't even read it and I think it's the usual bollocks, i.e just faking it for sensationalism.

Having now read it, my mind hasn't changed.

It's worth noting the papers report this story every year, at any Christian festival.
  • No rainbow star
    I hope to see the following eventually as a serious comment:

"First they ruined Christmas, and now Halloween!? What was wrong with Jesus' day of candy!?"