If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

DIE

edited 2011-04-14 15:49:23 in General
Memetic Mutation has sapped away most of the meaning of the word, leaving it a silly husk of its former self.

Comments

• ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Shitty youtube zelda memes ruined it.
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    YOU DERRRRRRRR BRING LIGHT TO MAH LERRRRRRR?
  • Likes cheesecake unironically.
    Seeing that word alone makes me think of Mecha Hitler in Wolfenstein 3D. Or rather his pre-battle quote: "Die, Allied Schwein'hund!"
  • Because you never know what you might see.
  • The Sonic Series Wiki Curator of TvTropes
    "Die, monster! You don't belong in this world!"
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    Die The, Bart, Die The
    DIE?
  • The Sonic Series Wiki Curator of TvTropes
    ...it ain't the same without our fontmancers here.

They wouId have been able to see every capital l and Iowercase I l have been using this past coupIe days.
  • They're somethin' else.
    THEN DIE, YOU CRAZY FUNSTER!
  • If absurd/lighthearted usage of a word strips all potential it has for dramatic effect to you, then...

Well, I don't know what that means for you, but I think it's very silly for you to allow that to happen.

Fuck, I need an image macro for "LANGUAGE DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY"
  • Likes cheesecake unironically.
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE
    Platte hat einen Sprung.
  • But you never had any to begin with.
    ...And now all I can think about is Minchi from Hanasaku Iroha.
  • Because you never know what you might see.
    ^^^ Isn't that exactly how language works?  As in how "awful" went from "really bad" to "kind of sucky", and how "presently" went from "right this instant" to "in a bit".  People use a word often enough in a certain way and the meaning changes.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    JOIN ME, LINK, AND I WILL MAKE YOUR FACE THE GRRREATEST IN KORE-
  • ^^Except "die" is probably the most standard word we have in the English language with that meaning. From the meaning I associate with it, as of now you're only going to use a synonym if you want to assign some additional meaning to it, such as politeness ("pass away"), fanciness ("expire"), or informality ("kick the bucket").

I think if the word with its current meaning loses its effectiveness for you, it's not the verbalization or form of the word, it's the concept of death itself that has become less dramatic to you. If that's the case, I'd find it questionable that you arrived at that point because of some silly memes.

If this was about another word, such as "literally," I wouldn't have these objections.
  • They're somethin' else.