If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

There aren't good places to do stuff in my house

edited 2011-04-13 10:50:09 in Meatspace
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
Either I'm downstairs in the combined kitchen/eating area/family room area, and my mom always hangs out around there (out of necessity since her desk and papers etc. are there) and I can't really listen to music or play games or watch animé, or I'm in my room where I can get away with stuff but any communication requires semi-incoherent shouting and I end up drinking less water because I'm farther from the kitchen.  Also, the toilet near my room uses more water than the toilet downstairs.

Ironically, after we move into a smaller house this problem will be alleviated because I'll be able to hang out in my room but not be as distanced from the rest of the house.

Quick survey of requirements:
* chat and forum-posting: requires visual obscuring
* voice chat (which I no longer do anyway): requires soundproofing, continuous attention, and possibly visual obscuring
* voice chat without me speaking: requires a small amount of sound, continuous attention, and visual obscuring
* games: all require visual obscuring, and frequently also require front-burner attention, and some have more requirements
** Nethack: requires second window (notepad) to keep track of things
** Recettear: may require somewhat continuous attention, soundproofing optional
** Pangya (which I haven't tried yet but my friend has invited me to play): requires continuous attention
** Worms: requires continuous attention
** platforming games: require somewhat-continuous attention

Comments