If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

DeviantART keeps trying to give me malware

edited 2011-04-22 15:45:33 in Webspace
Because you never know what you might see.
WTF.

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Yep. Happens to me sometimes too. That'd be why I avoid going there if possible.
  • The Sonic Series Wiki Curator of TvTropes
    Well, it's called DeviantART. This is merely a logical conclusion.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^Apparently, the name is an Artifact Title from the days when it was dedicated to reskinning software, causing it to deviate from the norm. It's a bit of an unfortunate name now.
  • Because you never know what you might see.
    Now Avast is blocking fucking everything.  It's blocking Google ads, it's blocking Facebook's "like" button on Bandcamp, it blocked this specific site completely until I turned it off.
  • Yeah, it's a bad update, I got it too.

We'll just have to wait till it gets fixed.
  • Because you never know what you might see.
    I figured.  Annoying, though.
  • The Sonic Series Wiki Curator of TvTropes
    -is glad to have MSE-
  • Huh, I have Avast and it's working just fine...
  • No rainbow star
    I have no antivirus and my computer is working jusyccfydr yij fjgdfgdd ALL HAIL THE SPAM BOT EMPIRE!
  • edited 2011-04-23 21:00:08
    Because you never know what you might see.
    Seems to be fixed as of the latest update.

Weird that that can happen, though?
  • Poot dispenser here
    On Troper Updates II, someone mentioned that Avast somehow turned into malware.