If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Cartoon Shoulder Angels Always Win Their Arguments Through Violence

edited 2011-04-11 01:55:29 in Media
Doesn't that kind of go against the job description.

Comments

• Master Guardian of the Passive Voice

I never see this happen. Examples?

(But the answer is, "Yes, it does!")

• I've been watching a lot of Disney Shorts lately.

Figaro and Frankie
    Any Donald Duck Shorts that feature the shoulder Angels
    Any Pluto Shorts that feature the shoulder angels

I believe Looney Tunes works under the same rules.
  • I think my shoulder dudes are less good vs. evil than apathy vs. anxiety.
    I've seen the evil shoulder kill the good shoulder... I've seen one of the shoulders on vacation, meaning the one left (usually the evil one) has a monopoly... I've seen the good shoulder and evil shoulder agree, after which the person lampshades it... I've seen the two shoulders as people wearing different clothes, instead of an angel and devil, and they give different non-evil non-angelic suggestions, after which the person says that one of them is supposed to be good and the other supposed to be evil... I've seen one shoulder give a wicked suggestion, and get later revealed as the "good" shoulder, after which a much eviler version appears with an even more vile suggestion. Lots of ways this trope has been played with.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ Shoulder angels on the shoulders of a shoulder angel
    ^ Ah yes, a classic! I'm remembering a lot of these from The Emperor's New School series, of course, from Kronk.
  • It's a textbook Dead Horse Trope. Subverting the trope is just as cliche as the trope itself.
  • Good Is Not Nice?
  • More like Beware The Nice Ones.
  • Order of the Stick has two of my favorite variants:

• Elan has evil, good, logic, and illogic shoulder angels.
    • Belkar has two evil shoulder angels, because the good angel gave up.
  • I've seen the two evil shoulder angels before, and also the evil and eviller variety.
  • I remember one of Belkar's shoulder demons argued for immediate self gratification and murder, while the other argued that he should save lives so that he could kill more people further in the future.