If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Introduce Yourself

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

*indicates partial familiarity with partial nickname*

*acknowledges realization of stealth pun*

• Oh hey, it's the artist formerly known as Inane.

• I am God, and all other gods are my imagery. I gave birth to myself. I am millions of forms excreating; eternal; and nothing exists except through me; yet I am not them - they serve me.

"Artist" is a bit of a stretch. But I'm working on it.

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

Hey 'Naney.

• Hello there IJBM! You may know me as Beta Ray on TvTropes.

Decided to finally track down this site because IJBM was the best forum on TvTropes and I was getting sick of not having anywhere to talk about things that bug me.

Also, I may or may not have made an account here a long time ago that I lost track of because IRL shenanigans.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.

I was counting down the days until Alan Moore would sign up.

Welcome to IJBM, although you'll find it significantly different to the IJBM of TV Tropes yore. Here's hoping you have a good time with it, anyway.

IJBM nowadays seems to have become first a media discussion site and secondarily a complain-about-whatever site.  I know I still use it as the latter, but a lot of the current regulars participate in frequent media discussions.

• No rainbow star
    ^ Some of us also used to shitpost a lot more, but Heaper's Hangout has all but replaced the Wonder Posts

Sometimes I'm not sure whether I should be jealous of them for that.

I still shitpost here, though, for what it's worth.  Since I hang out here far more than I hang out there.

• I like shitposting here because of the subtext that the topic bugs you. That tends to be fun.

• Err, question: How do I assign an avatar? I've looked everywhere and I can't find the option.
  • Has friends besides tanks now

Does the panel on the left not have a "Change Picture" button? It's the top item on everyone's page.

Your userpage.  Click your username at the top of the screen.

• There is no panel on the left on my screen and clicking my name just gives me a Facebook-esqe feed with no options. Is there some kind of mobile version of this site? Because I'm browsing from a cell phone and that might be the problem.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Ah. The mobile site doesn't really...well, work.

On the regular site, if you click on your name, there will be an option on the left, "change picture."

• edited 2012-08-07 22:57:27
    Has friends besides tanks now

Yeah, the fact that it's the mobile site explains it. It really does suck.

I'm starting to wonder whether we should just disable the mobile site.

I'd be all for it; I think I've proposed it before.

• Has friends besides tanks now

If it means I can do mod stuff from my iPhone, I'm all for it, as well.

Come to think of it, when I tried to force the normal site on my kindle, I found that it didn't work with a touchscreen...:/
  • Keep the mobile site, I like having the option of posting from my 3DS if needed. 

Does the basic site break on the 3DS browser?

• If I recall correctly, the normal site's editor breaks on the 3DS. It renders decently, but it is near impossible to post anything.

• Please no.

I like the mobile site very much.

So the mobile version editor is actually built for mobile devices.  Hm...

• I like the mobile site too, it's easier on the iPhone than regular.

• >mobile site disabled

Eww, please no.
  • I'd like an option to disable it on an individual basis, like most sites have.

Either way I can probably gain usage of an actual computer tomorrow.

Actually, that would be nice.  A way to disable or enable it.

• A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

If you think you can trust me, mods, I could have a look at the code behind the mobile site and possibly try to improve it...