If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The IJAM Edit Banned Thread Got Locked.

edited 2011-04-06 13:38:06 in General
The Sonic Series Wiki Curator of TvTropes
Yeah, it was pretty obvious that it was gonna happen eventually. Still, it was one of the more fun threads on that subforum, and I will miss it dearly...

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    It wasn't inevitable. It'd still be unlocked if people had paid attention to the mods repeatedly coming in and saying "hey, guys, could you not use this thread as an excuse to violate the forum rules?"

And besides, Madrugada said it might be unlocked.
  • So, what happened?
    ^People were using it to complain about people they wished would get banned.
  • It seems like an overreaction, in that she says "many" people when actually it was just four posts. I don't doubt it would have spiraled out of control rather quickly if she hadn't stopped in as fast as she did, though.
    ^It was four posts for like the hundredth time, though.
  • I get the feeling that the thread also contributed more to non-mods posting in the Wiki Talk Edit Banned thread, by putting a spotlight on the recently banned and stoking outrage against them.

It was pretty annoying when an IJAM dogpile started up in the Wiki Talk thread without giving the mods a chance to address the questions there.
  • Too bad, that thread was a lot of fun. 
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    ...They spent 3 pages talking about food.
  • If that don't work, use more gun.
    ^And to that, I still say "what the heck just happened?"
  • Likes cheesecake unironically.
    "And besides, Madrugada said it might be unlocked."

But that shouldn't happen. I highly doubt that the behavior will get better. At the beginning, shortly after it gets unlocked, it would surely be alright, but it would fall back into it's old ways quickly.

I'll miss the thread too, but really: It's better that way.

...I feel reminded of the death of the old IJBM.
    ^More specifically, Madrugada said that they might forum ban the people who were causing trouble and then unlock it.
  • Which would be amusing in its own right, to be banned for participating in a thread that made light of people getting banned.
    ^^ Yeah, riiiiiight.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    I only saw two thumped posts. Hopefully I won't get banned, since I like the forums and have an aversion to ironic punishments. 
  • edited 2011-04-07 13:59:38

I suspect they'll just keep it locked. If anyone tries to restart it, they'll be banned.

>:)  <= evil grin.

• I've noticed that the dog-piling in the Wiki Talk edit banned thread really has died down significantly since the IJAM thread was locked. It will probably stay locked for that reason alone.
    It's been locked for 8 days.  I highly doubt it'll ever get unlocked now.
    I hope it doesn't. So some people can't jerk themselves off everytime somebody get's banned.
  • The Sonic Series Wiki Curator of TvTropes
    I hope it doesn't. So some people can't jerk themselves off everytime somebody get's banned.

image is broken.
  • You can't hotlink TVTropes anymore. At least, you're not supposed to be able to.

(If that image shows up for you, it's probably because it's already in your browser cache.)
    Well, picture Eggman being sad, then.
  • Okay, I remember that one.
    You mean the one where he is going

_   _
     __
  • edited 2011-04-15 23:12:36
    The Sonic Series Wiki Curator of TvTropes
    Yes. Also:

Ah now I see it.
    Mods have confirmed that said thread will never get unlocked.
  • edited 2011-04-16 01:42:41
    ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭

forgive me for doing that, but I never saw any good come from that thread except for a place for the returnees to explain themselves.