If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Laser pointers that only work sometimes

edited 2011-04-04 21:50:51 in Meatspace
Because when you don't see that little light come out the end, what's your first instinct? To look directly into it and try pressing the button.

Comments

• Can you see OK now?  X(

You could point at something white like a piece of paper.

• I'd be happy if laser-pointers never worked.
  • edited 2011-04-04 21:50:28
    Luckily, every time I've actually done this, the laser hasn't worked.

Most of the time I actually catch myself and point it onto my shirt instead, but I know one of these days I'm gonna slip up.

(Alternatively, I could just buy a new laser)

^ But then how will I make my cats run around and crash into each other?
  • edited 2011-04-04 21:54:22
    ^ You kids and your newfangled cat confusion technology. Back in my day, we misled our cats with our socks, and if the cat got close enough to the sock to nick us in the arm, well, that's what made ya stronger! 
  • How much harm could looking at a laser for half a second all of one or two times actually do?
  • edited 2011-04-04 23:14:24
    Woki mit deim Popo.
    I had laser eye surgery.  It was damn irritating, it was like getting stabbed in a the eye with a needle and all the while there this red flash that went with it.  I had tears streaming down from eyes and I had supress this primal  urge get out of the seat and shout, "FUUUUCK THIIIIS SHIIIIT!!!!".  I had one eye see nothing but RED for about 10 minutes.
  • Somehow I doubt using a lser to perform surgery is quite down to the level of briefly looking at a laser pointer.
  • Well it's unpleasant, if nothing else.