If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Continuity errors

edited 2011-04-04 18:26:06 in Media
So I'm sitting down watching an anime, having a good time because it's an awesome show in pretty much every way. And then I notice that the number of buttons on a character's shirt change in each shot of a scene. Or a part of their clothing is suddenly a different color. A minor issue, but I am so anal about it that it all but kills my enjoyment.

Halp. :c

Comments

• The Sonic Series Wiki Curator of TvTropes
    Recite the MST3k Mantra.
  • Animation is an abstract reality. A series of pictures. Meant to deliver a gist, not replace a photograph
  • edited 2011-04-04 18:31:34
    I read a fanfic once and someone used the word "eyes" when the character only has one eye in canon.

Never wanted to read any fanfic ever again.
  • edited 2011-04-04 18:38:36
    No.  Somewhat less EGREGIOUSHERPDERPPOTHOLETOTVTROPESDRINKINGGAME than that.  It was Lag Seeing from Tegami Bachi.  Who at least looks like he has two eyes, I guess.  He has two eye sockets anyway.  One of his "eyes" is just a shiny red rock though, and most definitely is not an eye.

Also, relatedly, and not a fanfic example, in the Tegami Bachi manga, the characters' jackets randomly switch between having a belt and not having a belt, presumably based on how lazy the artist was at the time he drew that panel.  That also bugs me.
  • It seems to happen a lot in FMA which pains me because FAVORITE SHOW. But I console myself by saying "Evangelion had errors too!"
  • Evangelion had more than just errors.
  • Oddly enough, I'm reading Letter Bee right now.
  • edited 2011-04-04 23:35:30
    I'm not.  I dropped it months ago.  Though, lately I've felt like reading it again, so maybe I will start it again.  Or I'll at least try watching the second season of the anime.
  • What bothers me the most is when they aren't fixed in DVD releases. Were they really that hard to notice? ;___;
  • I always wonder why these aren't caught.

Yeah, yeah, the team is stressed and worked to the bone. That doesn't excuse things that can be fixed with fucking Paint.
  • Woki mit deim Popo.
    Were they really that hard to notice?

After studying the Japanese animation industry and comparing it to Korean and American animation industries, Japanese animation emphasizes speed and low cost of production.  Since these no reruns as we know it, that's why the industry is run the way it is.  I think it's a different case for animated films.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    High School of the Dead's Zombies go against their own zombie logic.
  • «High School of the Dead»

There's your problem right there.
  • edited 2011-04-05 13:32:23
    ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Anime or Manga you mean, Poni? 1/4 of the cast is okay, and the premise is okay.
  • edited 2011-04-05 13:40:26
    ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Ah, okay.

Are continuity errors and wall bangers different?
  • "I always wonder why these aren't caught.

Yeah, yeah, the team is stressed and worked to the bone. That doesn't excuse things that can be fixed with fucking Paint."

Even more annoying is when some are caught, and yet others of the exact same severity and obviousness aren't.
  • Woki mit deim Popo.
    Don't forget, "Oh, we'll just fix it for the DVD!"
  • I actually don't mind that as long as they do fix it for the DVD. It's when they don't that I get a sad.
  • Don't forget it probably means memos as well, and really, sometimes it's hard to be bothered to open paint when you're a stressed animator.