If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Second hand embarrassment

I get this whenever I watch 'The Simpsons' or any other show,character does stupid or bad and I get this feeling

Its so annoying

Comments

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    That's the reason why I dislike watching quiz shows.
  • How do you feel about say, horror or anything where doing that leads to the character dying?
  • There is love everywhere, I already know
    I only really get second-hand-embarrassment if the show actually calls for it. If I think the characters are acting egregiously dumb, I usually just get annoyed.
    That's the reason why I dislike watching quiz shows.

I used to really like The Weakest Link, but I think most quiz shows after that became too gimmicky for their own good. Too few questions, too much "gameplay".
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    ^^ Me, I'm fine with horror. I guess it doesn't count as embarrassment, what with them not being real people, tension and threat not being the same as in quiz shows, and so on. I have a vague recollection that I might have felt this second-hand embarrassment over a fictional character, but I'm pretty sure it was never about a danger.