If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBM: "western-style" gamepad menu controls

edited 2019-10-01 16:44:55 in Media
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
Outer button = accept
Lower button = cancel

It was this way on both sides of the Pacific during the SNES days.

Then someone got too smart by half for PS1 games and decided that they should make the lower button accept instead. And then unfortunately the PS1's JRPGs were wildly successful (while the N64 abandoned this four-button scheme), so they kept doing this for the PS2, and so on.

Now we have two standards that contradict with each other.

If I could go back in time I would undo this design (among various other things).

Comments

• There is love everywhere, I already know
    I have always been a lower button=accept, outer button=cancel guy, but I don't remember this bothering me when I was playing JP games on my PS2 or PSV.

If I could go back in time I would try and win every lottery (though of course maybe the butterfly effect would prevent this).

Or at the very least bet big on Donald Trump becoming president.

Or, well, just go back in time and tell myself that yes, it was entirely possible for Donald Trump to become president.