If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Nobody wants Disney to sell ABC/ESPN

They have been absolute shit at running a broadcast network, but the deal was sealed in 1996 and so nobody cares.

Comments

• I'd rather make Comcast sell NBCUniversal
  • That would be most excellent, provided they don't completely lose their principles and also the Roberts family doesn't structure it so that they also control the independent NBCU
  • There is love everywhere, I already know
    I'd rather anybody who cares about the Viacom networks start actually caring about the Viacom networks.

I don't think ABC has been terrible lately, but both the Disney/Marvel tie-up shows were/are a mess and I guess ABC's ratings and buzz are thriving entirely on Thursday nights.

But there's FOX's performance lately so that doesn't seem so bad.
  • edited 2017-06-03 23:58:36
    I'd rather anybody who cares about the Viacom networks start actually caring about the Viacom networks.

Once Sumner dies his heirs will probably be stuck with a massive estate tax bill so they might have to sell Viacom to pay it

This may also result in Paramount getting its shit together (also I am still mad at Sumner for structuring the CBS/Viacom split so that CBS got Desilu/Paramount Television Mk. I)
    I don't think ABC has been terrible lately, but both the Disney/Marvel tie-up shows were/are a mess and I guess ABC's ratings and buzz are thriving entirely on Thursday nights.

But there's FOX's performance lately so that doesn't seem so bad.

both of them feel like they're flailing about aimlessly, ABC less so