If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Some kind of lineage of magical girl shows, or somesuch

edited 2016-01-08 06:45:45 in Media
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
Based on what I've seen and/or heard.

Things I don't really know how to place: Mai-HiME, Umi Monogatari, My Wife Is A Magical Girl, and a bunch of other shows I know next to nothing about.  Yeah, I know, I didn't elaborate "common ancestor" at all.  Names like Sally and Pretty Sammy and others come to mind.  They're like the thing of textbooks.

Also a recent thing has to do with the influence of idol singer shows and I don't know magical idol stuff well at all.

some other influence\
                                (?)>-> M.K.Rayearth
                                 /
                 ,-> Sailor Moon --> Pretty Cure
\----> (continuing)
common ancestor <                ,^                     >-> Madoka Magica -> Yuuki Yuuna
                 `-> Cardcaptor Sakura --> Lyrical Nanoha -> Symphogear
                                       `-> Uta~Kata       /
                                             (idol stuff)/

Also hooray for shitty ascii diagrams.

Comments

• edited 2016-01-09 18:49:41

Symphogear probably has more to do with Wild Arms than any magical girl thing and Madoka's closest "relative" in the same genre might be Nanoha if only because Shimbo seems like the only person in the "main" group with magical girl experience. Although inspiration-wise it shares some common ancestor with HiME.

Also a recent thing has to do with the influence of idol singer shows and I don't know magical idol stuff well at all.