If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Programs without an explicit "quit" or "exit" button/menu item

You know the kind I'm talking about. The kind where the only way to "quit" is to close all the open windows.

Maybe it's the years of Mac use speaking, but even on Windows I don't like the "closing windows = quitting the app" thing. It's just wrong.

Comments

• edited 2015-11-14 22:34:28
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I used to think closing windows = quitting the program, but as I became a more experienced computer user I learned that that was not the case, and I actually kinda agree with the Mac way of doing things, despite being a Windows user for basically all my life.

That said, Quit/Exit in the menu doesn't necessarily close the whole program either.  Programs that regularly use exit to tray will use that to become a tray icon.  There should just be separate close window and end program selections...or one combined selection that specifically indicates both.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    A couple games I play don't have a quit function. They don't even fully close. If they freeze up, you gotta restart your device or TROLL + ALT +DEL out of them
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Vorpy wrote: »
    A couple games I play don't have a quit function. They don't even fully close. If they freeze up, you gotta restart your device or TROLL + ALT +DEL out of them

I think I've played a few of these.
    AdVenture Capitalist is one of those
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Vorpy wrote: »
    AdVenture Capitalist is one of those

> clicker games

lol

sorry, just had to lol

So much to click, except for a quit button.

But anyway, get on my level Glenn, you can't quickclick like me. GG NO RE