If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBM: These glasses.

in Meatspace
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
I brought a frame and paid $400 for these lenses to have them done by a trusted optometrist that I'd worked with for many years in the past.

The frame was from a buy-one-get-one-free deal at some half-shitty place that got me two shitty pairs of glasses in such a way that ended up with one of them being severely delayed and them giving me a third shitty pair of glasses for free to make up for it.  Oh well.  The frame seemed decent, though.

Someone, at some point, however, jammed a screw that was too big for the screwholes securing the lenses, through one of said screwholes.  I don't know whether it was the half-shitty place, or the trusted optometrist's place.  But a few months ago, it started coming apart.  The threading was basically completely wiped off the face of the earth.  I ended up taking out the screw, trying other screws, trying the same screw, trying the same screw with cloth thread, all to no avail, and finally I literally sewed my glasses back together -- an arrangement that

Well, that's the frame.  The rest of the frame seems to have held up basically fine, thankfully.  But, then, the lenses...

These were supposed to be extra-good "digitally designed" lenses, that, thanks to their design, would minimize the distortion from looking through them through a point far from their center.  See, lenses have the least distortion at their center, but if you try to use a point closer to their periphery to see, you get a weird distortion effect -- displacement of objects, and even a prism-like effect separating light into its component spectral colors.  This was supposed to be an extra-good pair of lenses that minimized this effect.

Well, perhaps they did.  But, one year into their use...their coating -- the anti-glare and/or anti-scratch coating, whatever it is -- has started to come off.  Badly.  My previous pair of glasses -- the ones from before I patronized the half-shitty place -- lasted me at least three or so years, and only then did the bottom of the glasses show this kind of wear on the coating that made seeing through them murky.  For this current pair, the oh-so-supposedly-good $400 pair, the coating is already coming off all over the lenses.  I can't even see straight out of my right eye without things being murky.

I've taken care of my glasses the same way as I took care of my last pair.  Which is exactly what my optometrist told me to do.

Pieces of crap.