If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Floaty jump physics in videogames

edited 2015-03-17 21:41:03 in Media
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
They're annoying.

They were annoying in n, and they are still annoying in Waking Mars, (which I am otherwise enjoying).

Comments

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    Let me guess, it isn't about floating?
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    No, it's about floaty jumps.  I should have made that clearer.  Editing the title.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    Actually I assumed this is some piece of programmer/gamer slang that I don't understand.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Actually just finished all of Waking Mars.

To be honest, the floaty jump physics isn't that bad.  It's more so the landing physics -- you take a moment to land.

Also, it's running back and forth trying to get the right seeds.  Rather, maintaining a stock of them, so that I don't run out of whatever seeds I need.

Anyway I just got all three endings.
  • I usually don't care about floaty jumping so much as if you slide when you land.
  • My arms are falling off!
    I'm guessing Cave Story would fall under this criteria?
  • Eh.  Less so because the machine gun can correct pretty easily.  I was mostly thinking of some of the older Genesis/SNES ones.