If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

One Hundred and One Dalmatians

edited 2014-12-15 04:32:04 in Media

I am kind of weirded out at how the 1961 movie doesn't seem to be one of those things that grips more people than it does. The '60s look, the dog society...for me, it is imagination fuel! (This is also one of the few Disney movies whose offshoot TV series holds any appeal to me - it's not very good and it takes perhaps too many liberties with the source material, but hey, that dog society is a fun idea)

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I think that the notion of a single-species community of animals makes a lot more sense than the kind of mix of anthropomorphized animals that are commonly seen.

• It's not a single species community, it also includes Sergeant Tibbs the cat, a horse called the Captain, and in the TV show, numerous other farm animals. I call it "the dog society" because it seems to be majority-dogs and there are lots of dog ideas there (e.g. the dogs' humans are the real pets).

• Also, the TV show's version of the dog society, for some reason, faintly reminds me of Homestuck. Perhaps because Cadpig would make an ideal troll?