If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
Job applications bug me: "Reason for leaving"
In my ever-hopeless quest to find work, I have all of one job to my name, and it was a position that was seasonal-ish (basically, it was a position that ran for one semester).
I've noticed that I have never seen a single online job application interface that lists "Position was seasonal or temporary" as a valid reason for leaving a job. Let's see the issues of the available options in the above example:
- Current employer - Obviously, it isn't.
- Better opportunity - Implies I found work someplace else after this position, which I didn't.
- Terminated - Read: Fired. Which I wasn't.
- Promoted - To what? This is my only formal work history.
- Resigned - In other words, I quit of my own volition, which I didn't. I couldn't continue this job if I wanted to, because it was a semester position.
- Laid off - Pretty sure wrapping up a temp or seasonal position doesn't count as a layoff.