If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Robin Thicke

edited 2014-10-08 22:28:13 in Media

I wrote a whole album for you.

I don't care.

Gotta say, between his pathetic grovelling attempts at winning Paula Patton back, the failure of his recent album, the backlash he received on Twitter, and the fact that Pharrell Williams was just as responsible for Blurred Lines, I almost feel sorry for him. Almost.

The song Get Her Back sucks too.

Comments

• edited 2014-10-09 00:22:29
    Diet NEET

Much as he sounds like a douche, I've never understood why Blurred Lines became such a perfect storm of outrage. It's your standard chart-topping pop song that has questionable themes(even Beyonce isn't beyond scrutiny in the department of consent-not-clear lyrics), but it has been trumped up as most misogynist thing ever to the point of inducing mass panic attacks at that Balliol Bop thing at Oxford. It's like these collective triggers can be trained up to a certain point through mass media and the internet. 

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

I dunno really, I enjoy it at Just Dance just fine.

• edited 2014-10-09 01:28:46

I suspect it has to do with timing. It feels like it came out in the same year that rape culture awareness was gaining ground in the public consciousness. In Canada, it was the year pro-rape orientation chants made national news.

The other possible factor is Thicke himself, since Pharrell Williams got off relatively lightly. The music video and VMA performance certainly didn't help his public image, and neither did the mirror image.

• edited 2015-10-09 07:11:26

[user deleted]